Notifications
Clear all

My super duper accutane adventure ~

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 07/29/2010 1:29 am

Hii everyone! I recently just joined this awesome community :) I been snooping around here for awhile and decided it was time to be a part of it. I just started my awesome accutance adventure 9 hr ago. I hope it all goes well for me, I been suffering from acne on and off awhile, and hopefully this will be the "cure" for it. The thing is I was completely clear last year, until recently I decided to go on a diet and from that my acne problem started again :(..... When i finally thought my acne was getting better, it got worst again. My main problem is the cheek area. It looks horrible, especially with the red marks all over my cheek. It makes me even more sad when my mom tells me how scarred my face look. It's not like I want it to be like that. She doesn't know how much it hurts when she says that... I think it's the accutane pill that making me feel a bit emo atm lol. Anyways i'll post pics up eventually.

DAY 1

Took accutane around 3pm ish. 2 hrs later got a bit of headache and sleepiness, not sure if accutane is the cause of it... so far i have little bumps on my forehead, 1 small pimple on my left cheek, 2 on my right and 3 pimple on my neck, andddddddddd bunch of red marks on my cheeks :(

MemberMember
(@sannu)

Posted : 07/29/2010 1:47 am

Hey rebbie.. Welcome to the world of Accutane... :)

Bout headache etc in 2 hrs.. :) dont worry... its anxiety for sure...

After popping my 1st pill i got weirdo dreams for 2 nights.. head spinning, brain hammered, face paralyzed... LOLZ... funny but true..

Am on 2nd month course now... and no side-effects so far except dry lips...

MemberMember
(@del-xx)

Posted : 07/29/2010 1:56 am

Best of luck with your course! I had a headache all day yesterday after only taking one dose and I still have it today! I am on day 3 so its god to be starting the same time as someone!

MemberMember
(@sannu)

Posted : 07/29/2010 2:05 am

@DEL XX

Are you taking pills after lunch?

My doc suggested me to have it after my dinner...

So its like.. pop it and sleep in next 1 hr or so.. I do not get any headache next day...

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 07/29/2010 7:45 pm

@Sannu

Thanks :)......maybe it is anxiety or maybe dosage is too high. i'm starting with 40mg a day. but i'm for sure, it's making me more tired... i keep falling asleep today. When I went to sleep last night, i keep hearing sound, that sounds like an alien aircraft trying to land in my backyard, lol, and i totally forgot to take off my contact last night. anyways how well is accutane working for you right now?

@DEL XX

best of luck with your course tooo!! hopefully your headache will go away! Mine kinda did, but i'm feeling tired most of the day. It's nice to know that i'm not starting this alone :) keep me updated on hows accutane going for you :)

DAY 2

So far the 2 pimples on my cheeks turned into a whitehead and one of them is drying up. I'm VERYYYYY tempted to pop it, but i'll know it'll be very bad idea too. Oh well i'll just leave it alone. The ones on my neck, is still a bit sore. Another then that, nothing really different. Debating if i should put a picture up.....

MemberMember
(@craigeroo)

Posted : 07/29/2010 7:55 pm

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sannu)

Posted : 07/30/2010 6:10 am

@rebbie

My course going good.. on 30mg for 2nd month.

You know, I had similar experiences

1. Sleepy/Tired all day.. :(

2. forget my routine at gym totally (did shoulders instead of chest :D:D:D)

3. forgot to carry my keys n medi kit today.. OMG!!!

And hey.. yup.. pimple turning to whitehead.. lol.. they look so cute dat way... ;)

Dry Face, Dry Lips and now Dry Eyes.. Gosh!!! soooo Itchy.

But the best part??? NO ACTIVE PIMPLE.. yay!!!

Hmm.. How bout you?

MemberMember
(@del-xx)

Posted : 07/31/2010 12:18 pm

Put a picture up!!! hows things going?? I am on day 5, nothing serious to report!! - (YET)!!

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 08/01/2010 11:24 am

@craigeroo THANKS! good luck to you too!

@sannu

lol, whitehead are cute when it's very very tiny and not very noticeable, which is like NEVER. Good to hear your course it going well for you, especially no active pimple. So far i only have 3 active pimple only. i think i'm starting to have some side effect. no chap lips or dry skin, but very pink skinnnnn. which is horrifying, i do not like pink skin. i REFUSE to go out now...

@DEL XX

i'll put a pic up when my pink skin goes away, which is gonna be in awhile :P things are goin okay, i guess, still really tired and no more headache tho. I feel like sleeping 24/7 now.

DAY 4 i think

anyways same old same old, nothing really changed, the whitehead i had before kinda pop, but two more whitehead formed on my right check and one hugeeeee red pimple on my left, kinda disgusting. hopefully it will dry up and go away. ALSO i been getting super irritated lately, dunno why, but everytime i hear my mom voice, it make meeeee so annoyed. so the moment i'm trying to avoid her, or there gonna be a smack down between us.

OMG and my face is PINK the HORRORRRRR!

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:28 am

HI rebbie. Good luck to you on your course. Hope all goes smoooooooooth :)

MemberMember
(@onelittleone)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:41 am

Hey good luck with your course

MemberMember
(@faithinhim)

Posted : 08/03/2010 1:59 pm

Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@sannu)

Posted : 08/04/2010 1:17 am

@rebbie :- Yeah... Mine was tiny-winy white head right above my lips.. Kind of cuteee.. :)

Annoyed, Irritated, Moody... am through all..

It continues for least 4-5 days when there's increase in my dose. Its being 1 week since am on 30mg. Am feeling less tired, stressed and not very emotional..

However i did cry last night while talking to my boyfriend on the phone.. i have no idea why!!! :(

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 09/02/2010 10:07 am

1 Month ~

hehe it been awhile since i updated this, got a bit weee lazy. Anyways, things been doing good for my skin. I barely breakout now, but my skin is super sensitive. I can't wash my face with a washcloth, because it hurts.... other then that it's all great. Also my face is way less oily. which is totally awesome. I don't have any horrible side effects, other then dry lips and dry skin every where, but that manageable. I seem to tear up easily when I watch movies.. and get super irritated easily too.... oh ya my dosage got upped from 40mg - 50mg in less then 3 weeks. I guess the next time i see my derm, she probably gonna up it again.

MemberMember
(@del-xx)

Posted : 09/02/2010 12:09 pm

Glad things are going well for you!!

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 09/06/2010 6:21 pm

1 month 4th day ~

SUPER SENSITIVE SKIN.

EASILY RED.

MY SKIN IS GETTING TOO THIN.

IT HURTS :(

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 09/08/2010 9:52 am

1 month day 6 ~

Nothing really to report, it's been the same. No active pimple just a bunch or red marks, that is waiting to be heal. Seriously for last couple of weeks, i been waking up expecting a huge pimple on my cheek, but nothing. Seriously nothing, this is the most clear i been in the last year and half. I really think my acne it cause by the whole dieting thing i did last year, i was pretty clear before i went on my diet, but BLAM when i started to diet i started to break out.

MemberMember
(@azz1)

Posted : 09/09/2010 12:28 am

1 month day 6 ~

Nothing really to report, it's been the same. No active pimple just a bunch or red marks, that is waiting to be heal. Seriously for last couple of weeks, i been waking up expecting a huge pimple on my cheek, but nothing. Seriously nothing, this is the most clear i been in the last year and half. I really think my acne it cause by the whole dieting thing i did last year, i was pretty clear before i went on my diet, but BLAM when i started to diet i started to break out.

curious: what kind of diet?

my skin all of a sudden got very bad also.

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 09/09/2010 10:59 am

Um, i went on a super low calorie diet for a awhile, ate really healthy and exercise a lot. I was probably not eating enough because i was super constipated, but then I have a problem with drinking not enough water all the time. I was wondering if my constipation was the cause of my outbreaks or I was stressing my body too much with the diet and exercise.

1 month day 8 i think

So i got my first breakout in 2 weeks of being clear. It's on the left side of my forehead, where my hair it covering it. So pretty much no biggie. I bought emu oil yesterday, hopefully it will not break me out and also help heal my red marks. :D

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 09/23/2010 11:20 am

1 month and blah blah days.... hehehe

So it's been awhile since i actually post something. Accutane been going good for me. Im pretty much clear now just with tons of red marks and maybe shallow scarring *sigh*. I just realized that i didn't exactly get an IB, i remember the first week or so on it, i only had 3-4 little breakout, but after that i was pretty clear. I wish all theses marks and scar would go away. I'm crush-ing on one of my neighbors and having all these stuff on my face aint helping with my confident much. Oh yea I been having a bit of flushing problem, and when I talk to him, my face turn sooooo redddd. hehehe. this sucks. Hope everyone else is doing well too. :D

oh yea, gonna post up pics soon!

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/08/2012 2:53 am

Sorry to dig this post up, but I'm just curious - what's the status?

Do you still have acne? Did a course of accutane clear you up indefinitely?

MemberMember
(@rebbie)

Posted : 01/12/2013 10:22 pm

@jarrit well hello there. It's been awhile since i been on. To answer your question, no i don't have acne anymore, except for those special days, but other than that i'm am clear up indefinitely. Going on accutane just totally changed my life. It gave me so much more confident :)