Notifications
Clear all

MY PIMPLE BLOGGY BLOG

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 04/05/2010 1:26 pm

So on my journey to Clear Skin, on DAY 7 (40mg Claravis Isotretinoin capsules) I would say my skin is now starting to feel somewhat dryer and my lips need some chapping every few hours.. Skin does not feel as oily as it usually does.. but the face does seem a little senstive.. (although I think its probably since I was sitting under for 5 straight hours over the weekend with no sunscreen.. mental note.. use sunscreen)

BACKGROUND:

I am a 28 year old male who has had extremely oily skin wiht constant break outs throughout periods my life..sooo here is a new step/hope to a grease free non pepperoni face as I share my progression to the rest of the acne world..

As of 03/29/10, I stopped using all facewashes and only use the Cetaphil Daily Wash in mornings as I hear thats the way to go. I will be starting to use Aveeno Body Lotion (with SPF 15) everynight starting tonight (04/05/10) on the face to avoid waking up to a dry forehead as it happened this past weekend.. and I have some burts bees chapstick which I am currently chapping.. oh yea.. and I plan to take some flaxseed oil (I dont know why but everyone I talk to says its good for the heart and body.. so I figure it cant hurt with this)...My goal is to drink 2 liters of water everyday as well.. Hopefully 6 months from I wont be the hideous creature anymore peeking through the crack of the door on every knock incase its a hot girl coming in.. wait.. that has never happened.. nevermind.. you get the jist.. just want to have a smooth free clear skin glow by the end of the summer

MemberMember
(@zucchini007)

Posted : 04/05/2010 3:35 pm

Hey!

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK and I hope you see improvements really soon!

I've been on 30 mg (well, started as 20) for 1.5 months, and my face is so dry, unless I moisturize it at least twice a day. I recommend getting something really moisturizing for your face, such as clinique dramatically different lotion, or I hear cetaphil also makes a good moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend using a body cream with spf on your face (unless I'm missing something?)

anyway, i'll check back in to see your progress. :)

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 04/06/2010 9:28 am

Thanks miss moosho! I have some cetaphil face cream but not a fan of it.. the lotion stickts to the skin and stays white instead of moisturing and doing its job so I use the aveeno...may start using it more..

Quick Update DAY 8:

Dry lips!! moved over to Blistix Chapstick with SPF 15 ..hmm.. have a feeling the search for the meaning of life and a good chapstick starts on Day 8.. other than that.. dont feel much diff then Day 1 or Day 0 except a bit of dry skin.. no bodyaches or nothing (knock on wood)

On a side note: This blog is kinda cool as only the accutane people would know the feeling/thoughts/fear of dry skin/etc to achieve the same goal.. I ve been reading a few blogs and the thoughts are all pretty much similiar with support given by all.. soo thankss acne world!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 04/15/2010 9:27 am

DAY 17:

Face is feeling very much dry and flaky.. lips are constantly dry but I ve noticed if I slap a layer of aquaphor before sleeping its not so bad in the mornings.. i ve been using cetaphil daily wash on the face in mornings then applying aveeno body lotion to the face .. today the unevitable happend.. for the first time my entire nose (front and both sides) is extremelyyyy dry and flaky and looks like i dipped my nose in white flour.. i have to keep constantly peeling/rubbing/moisturizing/placing water on it so it doesnt look terrible.. and I just came out from running a meeting and im sure they were all staring at my nose like a monument... also i ve noticed when i blow my nose theres a bit of blood and its been like that for the last week or so..also felt lower back pain this morning but not sure if it was due ot the tane.. still breaking out and still popping the weasel.. worst part is its only DAY 17.. it only gets worse from here so i hear.. got too long of a way to goo..

Also Im worried that drinking on the weekends can take a toll on this.. my weekends usually consist of going out downing a few but am worried how it will play a part if Im on accutane.. have many weddings/bachelor parties/events were im sure it ll be rough weekends but dont know how it ll all play out.. seems like the next six months are just gonna be awful.. what a bad start to Day 17... ok.. off to moisturizing the nose

MemberMember
(@faithinhim)

Posted : 04/15/2010 1:14 pm

Aquaphor is definitely a lifesaver!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 04/27/2010 10:00 am

DAY 28:

Ok so I got my blood test and went to my first month DR's appt and have now been upped to 60mg a day. My pharmasict told me they dont make 30mg accutane pills so I will have to take 3 10mg pills at lunch and dinner.. thats 6 pills a day! im sure senior citizens dont even take that amount.. but anyhow..

My skin I feel has been improving a bit but cannot really tell to be honest.. its not oily as it used to be which is greattt.. it is dry (5/10 dryscale) but not as dry as it was in the first 2 weeks (8/10 dryscale) although im sure when i start the 60mg it ll get back to hardcore dry (8/10).. I used aquaphor everymorning and night on the lips before I sleep.. dont really lotion much to be honest except when i feel the dryness.. use cetaphil cleanser on face daily.. and now the mystery part:

On my second week of accutane I came down the the allergies which turned into the flu/cold and still have it.. Not sure if its my body reacting to the accutane but it just wont seem to go away (fatigue/runny nose/sneezing).. I ve blown my nose everyday last 3 weeks to find some blood coming out.. my dermo said its not the accutane but i feel hes a waste of space as he doesnt do much for me and feel hes just in the business for the money..

But overall besides the flu/cold I'm not sure if this thing is working yet.. i still break out and its dry/flaky skin around the places i break out.. but its only the 1st month so hanging in there like curious george.. will see how the next few weeks turn out.. see ya bloggers

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 04/27/2010 10:05 am

You're derm's a waste of space? That's too funny. I kind of choked on my pancake reading that.

I know, taking all those pills is insane. I bought one of those pill sorters so I don't forget/get confused to take which meds when and when you shake it, it's like a baby rattle.

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 05/11/2010 8:18 am

DAY 42 ??:

Ok so I've been upped to 60mg pills now (30mg at lunch/30mg at dinner) and the face has been a much dryer (Dry scale: 7/10).

I apply a thick layer of aquaphor the night before sleeping and in the mornings the lips seem only semi dry but the face is white n dry.. but throughout the day I need to keep applying it aquaphor and lotion doesnt seem to keep the face moisturized.. I have to keep applying it or else looks like I dipped my face in flour (usually around the mouth).. I have been a little fatigue and havent made it to the gym in 2 weeks but dont know if its due to the tane.. As far as the pimps.. they seem to be reducing although last few days came out with 2 new ones.. but overall I think its working (knock on wood)

One concern I have is around my nose I have white hair like things coming out .. I assume thse are white heads? cause I have never had/seen these before on my nose.. or maybe its dry skin peeling?.. its almost looks like white fur around/behind my nostrils and front of nose.. it is white flakes/string like coming out of the pores.. if it is white heads.. didnt know i had any.. oh well..other than that.. tahts my DAY 42 update! looking forward to the DAY 180 update! seems its so far awayy with a long journey ahead but the light is at the end of the tunnel

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 05/26/2010 12:45 pm

DAY 56:

Okay so just got back from the dermo and said everything is fine.. Considering my weight is 155lbs he kept me on 60mg a day (30mg at lunch 30mg at dinner).

Everything seems to be going normal and I have started to experience lower back pains and I do feel more fatigue (unless I'm just using the accutane as an excuse to be lazy).. I do feel that I need more sleep or its harder to wake up in the mornings.. My skin to be honest looks the same as it did 2 months although it has reduced on break outs/pimples I think.. I still have scars and marks on my face and the dermo said after I'm done with the 6 month course we could look into chemical peeling (about a month after when I take my last pill)

My lips are now constantly dry and flaky and I use aquaphor every 2 hours or so.. My face is dry and need to moisturize.. The inside of my nose is always dry and the dermo suggested saline nose spray.. When ever I eat or stretch the side of my mouth it gets flaky and I need to moisturize or put water on it so it doesnt look flaky.. I guess I am entering the beast of this pill now as I am about 2 months in.. Just hope it doesnt get worse.. I do also feel dehydrated quite a bit and find myself drinking more water.. Also this may sound strange but I feel I have gotten darker since I started this course.. maybe I am just imagining things now and need to snap out of it.. I feel I am isolating from the world though as I am in my own zone/world.. My o My.. What a pill this is

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 06/16/2010 3:43 pm

DAY 70 ??:

So far so good on the face... A few breakouts this morning.. but LOVING the non oily skin for the summer.. I still have scars and occasional pimps that come out at night..

Using Cetaphil to wash face and it seems like its the best thing out there.. Moisturize face and arm with aveeno lotion (Spf15).. constantly applying aquaphor on lip every hour i would say..

I have my blood test next week and am afraid something will be wrong considering every weekend has been drinking fest with weddings/bachelor parties/etc.. so I have pretty much soaked my liver with alcohol (yes i kno i kno.. im not supposed to) .. but will see how it goes

SIDE EFFECTS:

- Dry lips constantly with flaky white cheeks and below lips

- Lower back pain..a deep strain when bending down or lifting

- Extremelyy tired/fatigue but the last week has been insanely tiring.. I can barely wake up on time and feel the need to nap

- Feel my mood is more deeper in the zone where if I feel something its a x10 feeling.. i feel spaced out but dunno if its due to this.. Its the feeling of me against the world sort of feeling.. but dont want to tell my dermo or else he ll take me off it

Other than that.. i feel all these are tolerable and just want to be done with the course... 3.5 months away.. hmm quite a while that seems.. adios bloggy blogheads

MemberMember
(@onelittleone)

Posted : 06/16/2010 3:48 pm

was just going through your blog & want to wish you the best of luck.i just hit the two week mark 40mgs a day.

MemberMember
(@grant08)

Posted : 06/16/2010 4:25 pm

Good luck man. I just started today and I hope you see some results.

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 07/06/2010 11:44 am

DAY 96:

Okay.. so after the blood results..Iwas told I high triglycerides (type of fat found in blood that can trigger inflammation of the pancreas).. she said to monitor what I eat (I'm only 155lbs) and cut down on fatty foods so will be trying a healthier route from here on and she said she will see what next months results come back as but for now its still 60mg a day (taking both 30mg pills at lunch now in one shot).

SIDE EFFECTS:

- Dry lips have reduced a bit but come and go whenever it pleases

- Lower back pain not as much as before

- Tired/fatigue still the same but its probably cause of no sleep and travelling

Other than that all seems to be good so far. Not many zits popping out (watch me get one tonite now).. face is looking bit more clear and NO more oily skin which is great.. Hopefully all stays well and I get to continue to finish this course.. 3 more months! Good luck to everyone and advice is to start right away and get this thing over with.. its not as bad as people make it out to be so just bite the bullet (or accutane that is).

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 08/03/2010 12:05 pm

DAY 125:

Okay so I was bumped up to 80mg a day (from 60mg) for the reminder of my last 2 months. Boy has it been a journey.. The worst phase was the 1st month and getting used to all the dry skin and side effects.

I have been on the 80mg for about 5 days now and it seems like the side effects are getting worse (probably due to the increase in mg).

CONS:

- The side of my cheeks (just below the corner of my lips) are extreeemellly dryy/flaky and whitee all the time.. If I open my mouth to eat it gets even more dry. I dont think I can eat in public now since every bite I take will give me a white flaky cheek.

- Also I have been feeling more fatigue then the regular. Again all this I assume will last a few weeks until my body gets used to the new dosage (just as it did during the first month).

- When I dont shave my face is a lot more flakier/dryer with white dry skin

- Eyes feel more dry then usual and constantly feel tired where I keep dreaming about my bed throughout the day

PROS:

- My face is starting to look great

- No oily skin

- Havent been breaking out really

Now that my face is clearing up I can see the marks that have been caused by a decade and I have indents in my face.. Hopefully my dermo can fix this up..

Other than that.. To everyone thinking twice on taking the ACC.. do not think twice and just jump into it.. I have seen great improvements since my day 1 .. only thing is you will have to struggle out the side effects.. 2 more months left for me!!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 08/16/2010 6:25 pm

DAY 138:

Ok so my zits are finally stopping to show up (comes out once in blue moon) buttt now I have all these scarsss and dents and dont know what to do.. Last thing I want to do is get facials or whatever it is or I dont want to drop $1000's to do some sort of peel on my face.. if anyone knows any remedies to heal this please do let me know...Thanks

Other than that.. all is going smooth except my lips are starting to realllyy chap up and I have to peel them occasionally and constantly moisturize.. also my left knee bone started experiencing pain for no reason and I'm thinking its acc related but who knows.. almosttt there!!

MemberMember
(@acnechemist)

Posted : 08/17/2010 6:46 am

Good luck dude, looking better already!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 09/14/2010 12:50 pm

MONTH 5 (about 20 pills left in 6 month course):

Almosttt doneeee... Ok so I think its been working however last 2 weeks broke out with few big zits (one on shoulder) couple on face..

Also its verryy strange because on the side of my lips and just below it I get extremellyyyy dry white skin.. like superflaky and escpecially after eating food its all white so I have to moisturize it or if I'm out i have to use my spit to moisten it so I dont look like a fool... also there is a cut on the side of my lip.. i hope that doesnt lead to a scar as the skin is sensitive while on accutane..

Overall I would say I am satisfied so far mainly because I dont get oily skin now and no more zits and I hope it stays that way.. only thing now is that I have a lot of scars on my face from thorughout out the years which I hope I can do something about.. Good luck to everyoneee!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 10/13/2010 1:19 pm

POST 6 MONTHS:

So I have been off Acccutane for 2 weeks now and have had about 2 to 3 breakouts unfortunately.. no big deal though because its a lot better then what it was before.. I dont have much oily skin as before and prayinggg it stays that way.. Few MAJOR concerns which I'm not sure anyone else has experienced:

1) My arms (by triceps) are extremely dry and look rashed/burnt and have scabs all through my arms.. This happenned during my last month into Accutane

2) I have started to notice white spots (lose of skin color?) in random spots.. One on my forehead... a section/slice on my hairline.. few on back of hands.. couple on shoulder.. this all started the last 2 months of accutane.. I hope Im not getting Vitiligo (which is a skin disease) by using this pill.

Just wanted to share my experiences with you or if any of you have had similiar problems.. Please let me know. Thanks and good luck to every one of you all.. We all hope for the best but sometimes it gets the best of us

MemberMember
(@bluedoganchorite)

Posted : 10/14/2010 1:13 am

Well the way i see it girls that have taken accutane are basically ruined for life

hollowed-out shells with only a small semblance of still being human walking around blindly

with their clear skin but soulless faces. zombies.

Accutane basically destroys the DNA, the woman's eggs are forever spoiled and the womb becomes

nothing more than a vessel for deformed stillborn babies.

I would never put my seed into these ruined vessels, i would rather fuk an alien. Not that they even

have any lubrication left on their vaginas to even facilitate such an act.

yours truly

- bio_nerd

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 01/13/2011 12:49 pm

ok so been off the ACC for 3 months now and so far so good.. i do get occasional zits here and there (maybe 2 or 3 a week) but they are tiny and can pop em out easy... Before ACC i would have deeep zits which would stay for weeks as to now stay for a day.. hopefully this is how it stays for life but Im sure thats not the case..

I feel my oily skin coming back so that may not be a good thing.. I still use cetaphil face wash and plan to although I plan to switch back to nivea oil control daily as im sure in the summer my oil will be back..

I may have to do a round 2 of ACC in 6 months at this rate but hopefully I dont have too.. Just wanted to update and good luck to everyone.. Its def worth a try and see the light down the road..

BTW.. the lost pigmentation on my forehead still is tehre and I still have tiny bumps on my arm and not sure what that is.

MemberMember
(@katushkinz)

Posted : 01/13/2011 4:55 pm

Congratulations! I've just read your entire log and I've actually just started 5 days ago at a really low dose - 10 mg. So I'm hoping to get bumped up in dosage to at least a 20 next month (which my doctor has already announced to me), but she wants my body to get used to the medication slowly. So I might have to take this medication for more than 6 months.

Your progress has been very inspiring, thansk for keeping this log. I really need all the encouragement I can get in this long journey!

MemberMember
(@pimpbloggyblog)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:49 pm

Ok so I have been off Accutane for about 2 years now. Summary. My face has cleared up quite a bit and I only get a few zits every now and then. My oil levels are back a bit but its tolerable. BUT I have a greater concern which I feel it may be due to Accutane.

Last Sept 2011 (11 months after accutane dose) I started experiencing shortness of breath and my lungs/chest feeling tight. I had to try to pretend to yawn to open up my lungs and get fresh air. This went on for about 3 weeks and it got bad one night I checked into the ER. They performed tests and xrays and said no damage in lungs and could not figure out what it was. They said it was a panic attack and anxiety (which I do not believe since I am calm and have no stress). A week later it eventually went away and I was breathing fine.

Now Its Dec 2012 and the same symptoms are back. This time its harder to yawn to get fresh air into my lungs and I struggle more. I am starting to think this is an after accutane long term effect for some ( http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/accutane/shortness+of+breath ) indivduals (particularly males from 25-35 - I am a 31 one year old male). Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and knows what I am talking about.

I am concerned and would just like to be able to breath normally. I will be going to a doctor soon to discuss this and hopefully they can help. If I do find any solutions I will post for others with the same issues. I would recommend everyone starting out discuss or mention this to their doctors before beginning just so you are not surprised by it down the road. Thanks and good luck to all.