Notifications
Clear all

Does Accutane cause sleeping problems?

MemberMember
(@jos-mom)

Posted : 09/06/2006 7:39 pm

My 15 year old son has been on Accutane for almost a month. He complains that he can't sleep well at night and I'm wondering if this could be a side effect of the med. Has anyone experienced this? I have read that it could cause fatigue but not the opposite. Any ideas or comments? thanks

MemberMember
(@amld)

Posted : 09/06/2006 7:45 pm

All the big scary side effects are listed here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...pdi/202309.html

Sleeplessness is one, but under the "incidence not determined" category. So, yah, it's definitely possible, but not one of the more common ones.

MemberMember
(@redsoxluva)

Posted : 09/06/2006 8:38 pm

For a lot of people, I think sleeping problems are a result of the common joint/body pains. I've read a lot of people complain they can't find a comfortable position to sleep. Another reason people may have sleeping problems is because they have so much emotional stress going on with taking the accutane, they simply can't sleep. Since I just started, I haven't experienced the body pains yet, but I've been tossing and turning throughout the night just hoping I don't wake up with a face full of zits!

MemberMember
(@jr86)

Posted : 09/06/2006 8:53 pm

I think they can happen for some people but so far I have been sleeping great.

MemberMember
(@aussieface)

Posted : 01/28/2013 9:35 pm

After i took Accutane in 1991. I have suffered chronic insomnia since.

Exercise, diet, therapy etc.

I have tried it all.

This drug does cause sleeplessness in some people.

Being on it for a second course myself at the moment i can tell you my sleep is really bad.

4 hours a night if that.