Notifications
Clear all

The Acne.Org Regimen Log

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/21/2016 9:05 am

Hi, I am going to be updating my progress with the regimen I am about 4 weeks in, but will detail the status till then. Okay, my problem started during september when I went back to college my skin would suddenly got bumps with no head most likely closed comedones. My skin also was producing dead skin every single day so I started picking my skin to get rid of clogged pores and dead skin. After picking my skin would feel smooth but it would come back the next day. I then started exfoliating alot trying to find new scrubs to fix this problem well after 2 months I started gettinh pimpls on the side of my chin and on the upper jawline and some under. I had acne before but never left scarring, but now it left red marks.

I assume I suddenly got pimples on chin and jawline which I never had acne before was due to constant exfoliation and picking which probably messed it up. So I went to a dermatologist and he said it was KP, but it didnt look anything like KP because would KP turn into pimples? Well he prescribed me tretinoin and before I even started using as last resort I decided to try the acne.org regimen if it would help.

So basically my face texture felt awful felt so bumpy due to the clogges pores comedones and never felt smooth.

Week 1
I could not apply benzoyl peroxide in the morning due to me thinking it would be toatrong so I started only at night with a fingers length but very thin.
Condition
Have pimples occuring in same area white heads are popping out have around 4 medium pimples while others are small pimples with pus on it. Clogged pores still there and no changes maybe a bit worse,but not dramatically.

Week 2
Still only applying at night thin fingers length.
Condition
Pimpls that appeared dissapeared left redmarks, but pimples on same spot arose again im assuming its because not all the bacteria is out from that spot yet. Bumps on the upper jaw r lower cheek near the jaw seems to be turning into pimples. My face seems to be a different color then my neck darker, but I think my face has always been dark due to me using benzoyl before but was out in sun no sunscreen long ago. My skin was pretty even until september hit though.

Week 3
Still applying only at night and fingers length thin.
Condition
So the pimples dissapeared, but left red marks my lower face near chin and jaw is red marks everywhere. Some pimples linger, but closed comedones and clogged pores seemed to reduced more than before. But I still see clogged pores on the area of pimples so probably will turn into pimples. Face feels smooth when I wash with cleanser, but after my face drys it gets tight always been like that ever since september.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/21/2016 9:20 am

Week 3.5
Started applying BP at morning and night. Thin layer, but towards the end I tried using a full thick fingers length. My skin burned when I put sunacreen probably because its chemical sunscreen and that I never applied it ontop of BP before.
Condition
After I applied BP thick the pimples seemed to have reduced to almost a clear state, but I suddenly got tight dry skin even with moisturizer.Skin also got dead skin all over im assumingthis is flaking? I really dont know maybe you guys can tell me. The dead skin is literally all over my face I guess using that much BP caused it. Reducing amount again. Closed comedonea near my side temple started turning into pimples. Skin where side burn are clogges pores turning into pimple.

Week 4
Applying BP night and day only thin fingers worth or maybe a bit more. Face still has dead skin everywhere assuming its flaking. I try AHA at the end of week 4.
So I started applying AHA at night only once this week I dont know if it really helped with the dead skin.
Condition
Closed comedone near aide temple has turned into a pimple. Side burn area 1 on each side turned to pimple. Jawlime area 2 pimples on left and 2 on right same spot. I feel clog pores as I apply moisturizer under the jaw and around aide burns. So I guess more might show. New pimpl one on bewteen eyebrow area. Red marks still linger, but maybe lightened a bit. Skin still darker then neck. Dead skin still lingers always been a problem for me. I still having high hopes. Maybe you guys can tell me how your progress is going. My skin when dry feels like i am applying on a dead skinned face but still has smooth conaitency in shower.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/21/2016 9:36 am

Started to change my diet. I only eat fish no meat and alot more veggies. I am now drinking kale + carrot smoothie every day. Havent eaten anything sweet for about 3 weeks. Drinking more water. I eat peanuts, but ppl said it might cause acne. I like the roasted peanut so I cheat every 3 weeks. I sleep at 10 and wake up at 2 or 3 and sleep sometime in morning. Its irregular but iI never slept at 10 to 2 3 before so its a change.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/26/2016 8:34 am

Week 5
Still using a thin fingers length morning and night. I startrd applying jojoba oil first out of shower then benzoyl then moisturizer my face feels alot better doing this method.
Condition
The clogged pores closed comedone near my left temple 5 came out but, 1 is inflammed. 
I ate roasted peanuts and I think it caused the pimple formation on a chin its red no bumps though hopibg to prevent it from forming. Left jaw line I have 1 pimple and 2 clogged pores either that or its 3 pimples. Ny right jaw has 4 pimples. Still have a few clogged pores near side burns on both sidea and a bit under the jaw. A pimple started to form like at the edge of my right eye. Hopefully the inflammation on my pimples die down.

Stopped eating roasted pimples :( and I started to implement chicken and eat fish maybe 2 1 a day.