Notifications
Clear all

My Acne.org Regimen Log

MemberMember
(@sarahlou)

Posted : 03/25/2016 8:13 pm

Okay peeps. I am on the first day of week 3 of the regimen.

Backstory. I am 25 years old. Never had acne as a teen but always had really sensitive skin. Super healthy diet and lifestyle. I got acne when I moved to Japan (which seems to happen to a lot of other foreigners too) I wouldn't get A LOT of pimples but I would usually have anywhere between 1-7 pimples that would show up, heal, then 1-7 more would pop up. Then I would get crazy hyper-pigmentation after that would last weeks to months. I enjoyed all the lovely severe emotional ramifications that come with acne.

Like I said I am on the first day of week 3 and I only have one pimple. I think I have had 2-3 over the course of this time total (Awesome!). So that is doing really well. My skin is super dry and tight and red. It feels fine after putting the lotion on and starting today I have a long holiday off work so I plan to not wear any makeup and hope that I am comfortable enough at the end of this holiday to continue to not wear makeup as I am sure that extra little irritation isn't helping anything. I really hope the redness goes away within the next few weeks. My skin feels a bit irritated so I am not surprised that it is red, but again I do believe this is helping so I will try my best to stick it out and not freak myself out as I tend to do. haha

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@sarahlou)

Posted : 03/27/2016 8:48 pm

Okay as far as the redness goes my skin is now (a few days into week 3) quite red after application of the BP. It seems to remain red for about 5-6 hours then chills out until my evening application. My skin still feels a bit irritated but less so. I am hoping that the fact that my skin does return to the normal color after some amount of time is an indication of my skin starting to get used to the BP. Is anyone else thinking this sounds like a good sign or is it common for people to always get red after application?

MemberMember
(@sarahlou)

Posted : 04/01/2016 12:37 am

Just about the start of week 4. Still a bit red but not really a big deal. Still no acne but remaining hyper-pigmentation. My real issue is the dry and flaky skin. It is so flaky I can't smile, talk, eat, or anything without massive crazy crazy intense flakes covering the area all around my chin and mouth. Of course it is on my cheeks as well but it is not noticeable as that area of the face doesn't move as much.

Is AHA+ supposed to take care of this?

I didn't use BP this morning hoping reducing to once a day will help. Idk though this is a bit too much to handle. I'm tempted to give up because the flakes are so extreme.

MemberMember
(@purple-owl)

Posted : 04/21/2016 12:01 am

Have you tried adding jojoba oil to your moisturiser? Seemed to help my flakey skin around mouth/chin area.