Regimen Diary

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/09/2014 8:09 am

Week 1 Update

Ive been on the regimen for 1 week now using Paulas Choice BP. I have sensitive combination skin so I decided to start slowly. For the first week Ive only been applying the BP once a day at night to get my skin used to it. Ive been applying to the affected areas only which is my t-zone (chin, around the nose and forehead.)

Ive definitely seen improvement in one week. Obviously theres not going to be a vast difference as its only been one week but its definitely looking a bit better.

Also on a side note I started the regimen about 3-4 weeks ago on my neck and I am now completely clear on my neck which I am hoping is a good sign that the regimen will work on my face also!

My plan for this week is to apply the BP twice a day every other day and see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:09 pm

Week 2

I dont want to jinx myself but Im seeing good results better than I anticipated! I decided to up the amount of BP as I felt my skin was handling it well (no redness etc). So Ive been using Id say about three pea sized blobs of Paulas Choice BP day and night.

Currently Ive only got seven active spots. I have a lot of scarring though mind in the form of red pigmentation marks. I also have a bit of flakiness happening but Im sure that will go away once I introduce an AHA in the next two weeks.

Im excited at the moment and once I get clear fully Im going to try and reduce the amount of BP Im using.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/18/2014 7:54 am

Bit of a setback. I went out in the sun and completely forgot about my skin being sensitive from BP. I had to miss a night of BP and dial it down the dose the night after.

I havent seen any new breakouts but there hasnt been any improvement. My skins a lot better now from the burn so Im going to start upping the BP again now.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/22/2014 6:32 pm

Week 3

Week 3 update skins looking pretty good despite it being that time of the month. Cheeks are clear except for red marks which are slowly fading. Foreheads doing well Ive applied a small bit of AHA to my forehead recently to get rid of some of the flakes.

My only real problem area is my chin. Damn Im finding it hard to get under control. Its very scarred with red marks and still breaking out. My chin has always been my worst area so I think itll be the last area to start to clear up.

Currently using a finger length of BP at night and half in the morning.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/31/2014 4:43 pm

Week 4

Week 4, skins looking better definitely less dry and flaky. Chin has improved but broken out on my forehead. Introduced AHA now regularly using half AHA and half moisturizer on a night. I think this is whats helping with the flakiness and dryness.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/05/2014 10:50 am

Week 5

Skins looking good! Forehead is nearly clear except a few minor red marks and one active spot. Chin is now clear and again still covered in red marks and hyperpigmentation. Im working on my scaring with AHA from PaulasChoice but the main thing thats going to get rid of these I think is time. Still some red scaring on my cheeks too but that is improving as well.

I got two complements at work yesterday on the condition of my skin and how my makeup looked nice. Someone asked "have you done something different."

I was like damn yes it must look better now its not covered in bumps.

My skin is still a bit flaky at times but I can put up with this and Im sure it will reduce as time goes on. Overall im feeling positive.

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 06/11/2014 1:02 pm

Congrats. I enjoy your posts around the board btw. It's always awesome when other people start to take notice that your skin is looking good.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/11/2014 1:39 pm

Hey thanks thats nice to hear! Yeah it is nice when they do although they cant see all my hyper pigmentation thank goodness but at least its not bumpy anymore!

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 06/11/2014 7:22 pm

Yes the hyperpigmentation is the worst! At least we can hide it with concealer and stuff and it will go away in a couple months :)