Notifications
Clear all

Wrinkles And Eye Irritation

MemberMember
(@vaishali)

Posted : 11/15/2012 5:19 pm

Hello,

I'm 22 years old. I've mild acne & I've been on the regimen for 9 days now and I haven't skipped any session yet. 3 days in I started getting wrinkles underneath my eyes and extreme eye and face irritation. I was so scared that I was getting wrinkles at this age, I considered stopping the treatment right then and there. Then I went on the forums to see if this was normal and I saw some people saying that they had gotten it too and this was temporary. So I continued on with the regimen. But I still have not seen the wrinkles that appeared underneath my eyes disappear and my eye usually gets really irritate whenever I put the treatment and the moisturizer on. I don't put the benzoyl peroxide or the moisturizer too close to my eyes, there is however one pimple on my cheek bone and I do apply the benzol peroxide over that but even then I try not to get too close to my eye area. I started applying jojoba oil underneath my eyes to moisturize the skin under my eyes because it might have been drying up but even that didn't get rid of the wrinkles. I'm investing on an eye cream but even so I'm still pretty scared.

I'm really terrified that these wrinkles are going to be permanent and even though I really want to stay on the treatment, I'm scared that staying on it any longer is just going to intensify the wrinkles that have appeared. Also, the skin of my forehead amongst other parts of my face has been drying up. The skin of my forehead has been really dry and I am starting to see some lines appear. I hope it's not what I am fearing. Hope I don't end up looking like an old woman at the age of 22 just because I got on an acne treatment regimen.

Please help!!

Vaishali U.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 11/15/2012 6:59 pm

Put Vaseline under your eyes before the Bp. Sometimes topicals travel. It happened to me before w. Bp and retin a. Vaseline will prevent it from entering your skin there.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 11/15/2012 7:06 pm

After 4 years use of BP, I developed a laugh line on the left side of my face. I stopped 3 years ago and it's still there.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 11/15/2012 8:20 pm

Maybe you just developed a laugh line then too.

MemberMember
(@vaishali)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:44 pm

I don't think it's a laugh line and it has gotten deeper since then. :[

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:37 pm

don't put BP around your eyes, please, dont ever do that. That's the only reason I could think you would be getting wrinkles there. You are probably fine but if you're really worried go see a derm. I don't think BP can cause wrinkles.