Notifications
Clear all

Insecure Because of Back and Arm Acne

MemberMember
(@eloquence)

Posted : 06/13/2018 7:20 pm

Hello everyone.
This is my first post on the site (yay).
So basically my confidence level has been at an all time low lately due to the fact that I struggle with severe back and arm acne.
The acne on my face has drastically improved (thank God) since last year, but my back had just gotten worse and I started developing cysts and white heads on my upper arms and shoulders.
I have taken action to treat my back and arms but progress has been extremely slow.
I'm doing a cheer camp right now and tomorrow they're requiring us to wear tanktops so I'm having a bit of a panic attack...
I'm trying so hard to develop a confident mindset where nobody else's opinion matters but easier said than done :(

MemberMember
(@poetickarate)

Posted : 06/25/2018 9:22 pm

Hello, this is my first time commenting/posting here. I'm new to the site as well and have been reading and learning a lot so far here. Just wanted to say I can relate to the feelings of insecurities due to body acne. Unfortunately I also have it on my face, chest, and butt. I wish you the best of luck with cheer camp! The anxiety can be hard to deal with, know you are not alone and eventually we'll get the results we are waiting for.

MemberMember
(@husky11)

Posted : 09/19/2018 9:18 pm

Hello, I had this same struggle in college. I was actively involved in sports and taking my shirt off for shirts and skins was always very embarrassing. I know its probably not what you want to hear but when I finally mustered up the confidence to see a dermatologist, they were able to provide me medication with no side effects that healed my body acne within a couple of weeks. I felt like going to dermatologist was giving up, but I wish I would have done it a long time ago. Best of luck on your journey and remember there are millions of people with the same issues as you so dont feel alone!