Notifications
Clear all

Age 34 F Sudden severe back acne for over 1 year

MemberMember
(@shrubbery)

Posted : 06/28/2017 2:36 pm

I've always had what I consider acne prone skin, but it's always been moderate. My skin is oily, I sweat a lot. It's not uncommon historically for me throughout my life to have multiple breakouts of various types all at once (I could have a cystic pimple on my chin, blackheads between my eyebrows and a whitehead between my boobs). But it was also not uncommon for me to have no significant breakouts at any given time.

Even as a teen my acne was not bad. The only time in my life I ever had SEVERE acne prior to the past year was my first pregnancy (female infant) at age 20. My face erupted in tons of huge cycstic breakouts along my jawline throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimester. It looked like my face got in a fight with a bee hive.

After that my acne was low key. Breakouts whenever, sometimes more in the summer. Nothing severe. I even had 2 more babies (male infant born at age 30 and female infant born at age 31) and no severe acne during those pregnancies either.

Dec 2014 after last birth, I got Mirena IUD birth control. December 2015 I stopped breastfeeding (I mention these things because of hormonal coorelations)

SPRING OF 2016, maybe March, maybe it started a little before... my back and shoulders started breaking out heavily. It has persisted now for over a year (it's now summer 2017) and it hasn't gotten better. If anything it has gotten worse. I have red bumps, whiteheads, blackheads and cystic acne (some of these are more prevalent in certain areas on the back and shoulders)

I workout regularly and I know that my oily/acne prone skin and my heavy sweating isn't helping but there has to be a root cause, a reason why it started, a reason why it won't stop.... a way to make it stop

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/30/2017 12:50 am

Try Weleda brand their baby diaper rush lotion