Notifications
Clear all

Does this happen to anyone else?

MemberMember
(@pushat21)

Posted : 10/29/2016 6:00 pm

I've had back/body acne since I was around 14. My face was never that clear either. I'm now 26 and I've got it under way better control than in the past. This summer was the first summer where I have gotten it to look really clear and it felt awesome. It was the first time since I was around 14 that I've felt comfortable with taking my shirt off in public.

My question is - can the change of seasons affect it? I live in upstate New York and it's getting really cold. Well, not always where I live. 3 days ago we got about an inch of snow and today it was 70 and sunny. My back/shoulders/chest are breaking out like crazy. It looks terrible and makes me feel bad because of how good it looked in the summer. My lifestyle/diet hasn't really changed much from summer to now (late fall). Is the cold and dry air most likely making it break out? I notice a change in my skin when it goes from winter to summer and vice versa. Maybe I never really noticed how much because 2 years ago because my skin always looked bad all year round before I made lifestyle/diet changes.

Does this happen with anyone else? I usually don't sign up for sites and post in the forums for help but it really sucks because it feels like the effort I put in to get it clear was a waste. If anyone has any insight or advice about this I would appreciate to hear from you . Thank you.

MemberMember
(@justalittlelonger)

Posted : 10/30/2016 3:43 am

Seasonal shifts in my experience do cause changes in my skin. Before I got my acne under control, my skin was always better in the summer and worse in the fall\winter.