Notifications
Clear all

Back acne

MemberMember
(@h-fredrik)

Posted : 08/04/2016 7:20 am

Hi

I have had back acne now for 3 years and I have tried to use Head & Shoulders in the shower to remove it. It doesn't help much.

I've heard about scrubbing with a sugar or coffee scrub. Do you have any suggestions or brands I can try out?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/04/2016 7:41 am

Try Nutrogena Body Clear Body Wash.. its orange in colour and contains 2% salicylic acid. Personally I love using this and it helped me a lot.

MemberMember
(@heatherk)

Posted : 08/14/2016 2:57 pm

Hi! I had back acne for about two years. I think it started because I used to go workout and not shower right after. At first, the acne was only on my upper back but then it started to spread to my lower back as well. I would label the acne as moderate; at times there were only a few active pimples, but other times I would have enough to make laying on my back uncomfortable. I also had an area where there was just a lump of "dormant" acne (or at least that's what I think it was?). I tried a few drugstore products like the neutrogena body wash, charcoal soaps, natural soaps, scrubs toners, but they did not work. However, I stumbled upon the Mario Badescu Aha Botanical Soap about 5 months back and so much has changed. I am so glad I found this product because It has made my back almost entirely clear. I used the soap with an exfoliating washcloth and it really helped with resurfacing skin and drying up acne spots. It is also pretty affordable which I am very happy about. You can purchase a bottle at Ulta for $8 for 8 oz. which is great if you want to try it out. I started noticing results within two weeks of using it. Now, I am just left with acne scars, but I am no longer as self conscious about my back. :) I hope my story helped and I wish you luck! 

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 08/16/2016 6:48 pm

You could try the epiology foaming wash. It has chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial that works quite well for some people on body acne.

MemberMember
(@woahshay)

Posted : 10/04/2016 3:52 pm

This what helped me. Please don't use home remedies because it can be more harm than good!
My routine helped me with chest and back acne. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/363156-how-i-got-rid-of-bacne/