Notifications
Clear all

Body acne that won't go away- help? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@acnehelp1543)

Posted : 02/14/2016 1:13 pm

For years, I've been struggling with a really embarrassing problem- acne on my butt. I've tried all sorts of things- Desitin, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and my newest addition- butt acne clearing lotion. While the lotion seems to make my butt a lot smoother (I've only been using it for 2 days so far), whatever is on my butt remains. I don't even know if I can call it acne, because it's just a bunch of what looks like red scars, and some bumps. Most of it is not raised. I have fairly sensitive skin. I don't work out that often (when I do, I shower right after), but I do wear leggings a lot. I also have a skin picking issue, but I never touch the acne on my butt.

To compensate for my lack of butt acne descriptiveness, I've (embarrassingly enough) decided to include a picture: http://tinypic.com/r/51ssy1/9 (It's just a close up of the skin, you can't even tell it's a butt, I promise- I've drawn over anything that's not suitable for posting on the Internet). I also have skin like this on my chest and shoulders.

My new boyfriend and I are planning on getting intimate sometime soon, but I'm terrified as I'm so grossed out by my own skin that I don't even want him to see it. 

What can I do to get rid of this in a few weeks? Help :(

MemberMember
(@islandgirl329)

Posted : 07/13/2016 5:36 pm

I used to get at least one new cystic acne spot on my back (after quitting pill) every other day. I was so sick of trying stuff from the derm that didn't work so I tried acupuncture and it has been amazing. I got three in a month and the ones that do come disappear much faster and do not scar. She has also treated the scars. It's amazing!!

MemberMember
(@woahshay)