Notifications
Clear all

Acne in embarrassing places..? 🙁

MemberMember
(@casey399)

Posted : 10/11/2015 7:39 pm

So I'm pretty embarrassed to post this, but I have pretty severe acne on my shoulders, chest, thighs, and worst of all, my butt. Thankfully it isn't summer anymore so I don't have to wear bathing suits, but it was something that bothered me so much. I do pick my skin a lot (linked with an anxiety disorder I have) but I never touch any of the acne on my lower body/butt, but it never goes away. I haven't been playing any sports recently so it's not like I'm sweating a lot or anything, so I have no idea what's causing it. Im 16 and it's been more of a recent issue, probably for 2 or so years, and I don't remember it being a problem anytime before that. The acne on my legs bothers me a lot too, it's mostly on my inner thighs and I'm not sure why. I shower twice a day, use soap, and two different kinds of acne cleansers (I'm not allergic to them or anything). Does anyone know what's causing this or how I can get it to go away? It's always so embarrassing because I really don't want my boyfriend seeing it because I think it's so gross.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 10/11/2015 11:10 pm

i have a similar problem and ive been using gold bond medicated powder (i use the orange). i had no faith it would work and thought it would just clog my pores but it absorbs sweat and oil and its been working really well. it has salicylic acid in it too. glycolic acid works really well on my face but not on my body.
sulfur soap is awesome too.