Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis Getting Worse

MemberMember
(@beth9292)

Posted : 08/11/2014 10:16 pm

Hello, Im new to this forums and i hope to find soem help here. Im 22 years old and I've been struggling with what I thought was bacne and chest acne since I was 18. The first time I got this sort of pimples was way back when I was 15, but I owe that to poor higiene at that time. Then I started to get this red bumps with liquid on my chest and breasts, they will usually be one or 2 so it didnt really bothered me. I live in an extremly hot place, it can get over 45 celcicus during July - August , so I try not to go out much so I dont sweat and it makes it worse.

All of a sudden in days time my chest went from the ones in the first pictures. I went to the derm before they got like that and he diagnosed me with acne, he gave me bactrim and some soap which I think made it worse. Then I went to my GP recently and he gave me Clyndamicin and Clyndamicin ointment. They dont really itch, only after I shower they tickle and the ones on my left shoulder are the ones that do. I have them in my back to but not as much and they seem to be disappearing with the new treatment, the ones in my chest not so much. I'm always using Cetpahil soap.

I've read a little on the sbuject and they are several types of folliculitis, one of them which is linked to HIV and it freaked me out to be honestm but mine doesnt really each and according to the internet eosinophilic itches a lot isnt it? Mine also blanch that when I try to squeeze them I cant even see them, so I just dont do it. Does Malasezzia folliculitis itches a lot or just a little? I always get it during the summer ALWAYS

I dont usually eat junk, I dont eat pasta, bread, chips. I mostly drink water, I eat mostly chicken, shrimp, different types of fish, some vegetables. Not really fruits as I dont like them much, HOWEVER, I've been eating this fiber cookies, and I thought they where no problem but they are mostly made of gluten, my nutriologist thinks I might be intoxicated and that maybe I've developed an allergy which is manifesting as this. I eat around 4 of those huge cookies a day.

my question is, what is your experience with Clyndamicin? Im afraid it will make it worse as Malasezzia is yeast. And does this looks like Folliculitis to you? Im going to a derm on thursday as my GP told me that I should give the treatment a couple of days to see but that I should go to a derm to be sure.

post-415461-0-27066400-1407811883.jpg

post-415461-0-82469500-1407812202.jpg

post-415461-0-78782800-1407812232.jpg

post-415461-0-27066400-1407811883.jpg

post-415461-0-82469500-1407812202.jpg

post-415461-0-78782800-1407812232.jpg

MemberMember
(@beth9292)

Posted : 08/12/2014 4:35 pm

I changed my derm appointment for today, I think the Clyndamicin is making my folliculitis itchier because it didnt used to itch like this before

MemberMember
(@beth9292)

Posted : 08/12/2014 8:53 pm

My derm asked me what medication I've been taking this past month, and I took 5 high dosages of IM Vit b12 when I stopped the treatment I went on a holiday and I started noticing the pimples, he says its B12 related. But I havent been taking the meds anymore for a while plus its jus getting worse, do you think that could be the cause? He gave me a stronger antibiotic.

PLEASE GUYS HELP

MemberMember
(@mugensora)

Posted : 09/09/2014 11:58 pm

I don't have a definite solution to offer, but I want you to know I have almost the exact thing on my chest. Mine is clustered more on the center, upper chest. What started as a couple of red bumps increased to something like 15 at least. It's inflamed and itchy, but the itch I suspect comes from irritation to the products I use to try to heal it. I tried Hibiclens, which I read is supposed to address a wide variety of microorganisms, but I think it made it worse.

I've experienced it about 3 years ago, and it came about from really bad stress (work + insomnia) which wreaked havoc on my hormones and irritation to supposedly "natural" body wash. Spironolactone (for hormones), oral antibiotics didn't work. It took a few months but it went away on its own and didn't scar. Now it's back (due to similar situations from 3 yrs ago) and I'm using Phisoderm as a body wash and Aczone (which is super helpful for inflammed face acne). It could be my imagination, but it seems it has improved a bit. Less inflammation, less pain. I usually give my skin at least a month to see if a treatment helps, so I think it's too early to say it works.

I feel your pain, but don't give up! I firmly believe worry and stress plays a huge factor in whatever this thing is plaguing our skin. It looks disgusting (and it's painful and itchy and hard to ignore), but when I chose to distract myself with other things, my skin started to calm down.