Notifications
Clear all

How To Lessen Bacne Dark Spots/scars

MemberMember
(@flyjumper)

Posted : 01/13/2014 4:49 pm

I have successfully reduced my active bacne about 95% from using 10% benzoyl peroxide on it every day after taking a shower and now I only have a few active pimples on my back. I am happy with the progress made and my back is smooth for the most part, however, I still have dark spots all over my back...What would be the most effective method to reduce the dark spots? Also, I don't want to stop using the BP as I feel the acne will just come back if I do so.

I would like to have my back clear by summertime (~3months) so I can enjoy the outdoors shirtless!

Thanks in advance,

FJ

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/13/2014 8:03 pm

bring on the AHA, use it every day, I do morning and night on my back but my skin is tough

I use the alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, but Dan's gets good reviews too

start slow, just once and day and go from there

MemberMember
(@flyjumper)

Posted : 01/13/2014 8:33 pm

bring on the AHA, use it every day, I do morning and night on my back but my skin is tough

I use the alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, but Dan's gets good reviews too

start slow, just once and day and go from there

I'm intrigued, but, I want to keep using the Benzoyl peroxide as well because I fear the acne will come back if I stop. What do you think about this?

And is AHA designed to reduce scarring/dark spots?

Thanks,

FJ

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/13/2014 8:50 pm

yes it's like a mild daily peel, check out Dan's instructions on how to use it with BP on Dan's home page

over time you may be able to ditch the BP, but I'm with you, no big changes, if the BP is working don't mess with it

try this for a month, if you want to go faster look at lactic acid peels, but don't go crazy, think 30% or so and follow directions, always