Suggestions For A Moisturizer For Body Acne Please

MemberMember
(@mybutterflydreams)

Posted : 11/23/2013 8:29 pm

what are some lotions or moisturizers that are safe to use for body acne

MemberMember
(@calipoppy)

Posted : 11/23/2013 11:25 pm

CeraVe moisturizing lotion. It's light and oil free but also has skin repairing ingredients that will help heal damaged skin.

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:06 pm

Idk, I don't like using moisturizer on my back, and I can't stand the acne.org bacne regimen. I mean who wants to walk around in the middle of summer wearing really disgusting, sticky AHA all over? It feels gross. It never soaks in etc. even cerave in the summer time is disgusting feeling. After about a month my skin got used to the BP, it's not dry, peeling or red anymore, unfortunately I still have bacne. I use either coral actives/panoxyl/equate 10% benzoyl peroxide bar right now. I've tried the acne.org regimen for months, and what a waste of time and money. Cerave broke me out too, I've tried them all, and they all suck ass. Look at all their ingredients: dimethicone, SLS, alcohols, etc. they all claim to not clog pores, but if you look up their ingredients, there are at least 6-10 ingredients that clog pores or irritate the hell out of your skin. It's all a effin scam. Besides bacteria multiply fast under moist conditions.

Anyway, I'm in NYS, and the humidity is about 40% right now, and my skin feels fine. I've been using the 10% bar for a month now, hopefully I'll be clear in a few months. I am also going to derm Monday.

Also everyone is different, so if you can moisturize, I'd say the lightest one I've tried was cerave or that fruit of the earth aloe gel, which is sticky as hell. My shirt stuck to my back with that stuff.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/24/2013 10:44 pm

Use cetaphil moisturizer mixed with jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 12/30/2013 4:54 am

I'm not a big fan of moisturizers but I'll second the CeraVe. Their moisturizing cream in the tub is light and non-greasy. I live in Michigan where it is cold and dry (especially this year) and that cream is saving me. When the weather is warm I don't typically use it.