Notifications
Clear all

Back/neck/chest Acne

MemberMember
(@tiffaniishka)

Posted : 10/11/2013 3:53 am

All right, so here goes.

I'm 21 years old, female. My body acne has always been with me for about 6 years now, and it used to linger on my face when I was back in high school (severe lingering, it depleted most of my self esteem). History-wise I started with moderate-severe facial acne from 12 years old, and have used absolutely everything in my power to get rid of it.

Strangely enough, my facial acne became controllable when I turned 20 and I hope it stays that way.

However, my back acne used to be "barely noticeable" when I was 16 - this was when I started dancing.

Now that I'm 21, I got worse. I think that it's because I had a high glycemic diet, a lack of hygenic habits ( I didn't wash my body after dancing ), and a lot of other stuff combined, my chest and back acne's gone to my neck.

It's really painful and cystic and annoying because I can't even wear my leotard in ballet school (I always wear a racer back singlet or a crew neck tee to cover it up) even though my teacher has told me that he doesn't care. I do, and it looks horrible.

So I'm going to keep this thread to keep track with my progress.

So here are the following changes that I will apply with my lifestyle so that I can hopefully get rid of all this acne forever:

1. A low-glycemic diet comprising mainly of wholegrains, seafood, lean meats and beans. For the search of sugar I shall turn to fructose - it's hard not to live without the sugar rush but at least fruits have vitamins and fiber.
  2. Use of cleansing wipes that contain AHA on my problem areas and a change of clothes every after ballet class (I would prefer showering right after as advised but I can't because we don't have showers in our ballet school).
  3. The use of a gentle exfoliating organic cleanser on my problem areas every day (I've chosen Herbalism - Organic and Vegan fresh cleanser by Lush cosmetics) and an application of 100-IU Topical Vitamin E Cream with Rosehip Oil to boost collagen. Also, I'll use Head and Shoulders shampoo for the extra 1% pyrithione zinc.
  4. I will stop picking on my goddamn zits (I think this is the biggest problem because I can't stop picking on them!). I really will. I will do it. I will stop touching my back.
  5. I will make sure that my problem areas will have the least aggravation as possible in conjunction to change no. 4...by wearing breathable, loose clothing.

I will update my progress every Friday (or whenever suitable).

Also PS my chest acne is getting heaps better (I've only done these changes since this Monday)! My back and neck acne however...ugh.

Attached is a photo of my situation.

Let's hope this works!

Tiff

post-355614-0-43971300-1381481554.jpg

post-355614-0-43971300-1381481554.jpg

MemberMember
(@tiffaniishka)

Posted : 10/21/2013 3:34 am

So after 7 days this is how my back looks like after the lifestyle changes I've made:

2q8rrxe.jpg

I guess it's improved, all the cystic spots have reduced.

I'm thinking of using benzoyl peroxide on my back to help the dead skin cell sloughing.

Slowly but surely!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/21/2013 8:59 pm

it does look like you are headed in the right direction...I'm a fan of dead sea salt...check the threads out here on this site with success stories

if bathing is hard, disolve some in a bottle and spray it on....also check out the Mario Badescu special cleansing lotion o, I think that's the one that is NOT for the face but for the chest and back, it has borax in it, you use it like a toner

good luck to you- and keep attacking it from several fronts and you will make progress!

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 10/24/2013 7:19 pm

My bacne is similar, actually a bit worse. Have you ever tried birth control? I wish I was a girl, I'd take it. As far as my experience with bacne goes (which is 22 years now) nothing works. You either get lucky, and grow out of it or go on accutane. Topicals don't do shit, diet doesn't do shit, and pretty much anything else people are trying to sell you doesnt do shit. Oral antibiotics work, but only temporarily, and not 100%. It is very frustrating stuff. Benzoyl peroxide, which is supposed to be so great, actually makes my bacne worse too. Its sad.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:57 am

As part of your diet, have you considered cutting out dairy products?

I am certain that dairy played a large part in my acne.

MemberMember
(@tiffaniishka)

Posted : 11/06/2013 5:10 pm

Hi Manticore,

Yes I haven't had any dairy for about 4 months now. Indeed it does give a big change.

So last week I've decided to go back to Duac Once Daily Gel, which contains Clindamycin 1% and Benzoyl Peroxide 5%. I've used this previously on my facial acne and it worked so much that I barely get any acne attacks on my face now. I'm testing it out to see if will also work on my back. So after a week and a half of the Duac addition so far my back looks like this:

2nanyxl.jpg

I don't think a lot has improved but it's getting there, slowly but surely.

My bacne is similar, actually a bit worse. Have you ever tried birth control? I wish I was a girl, I'd take it. As far as my experience with bacne goes (which is 22 years now) nothing works. You either get lucky, and grow out of it or go on accutane. Topicals don't do shit, diet doesn't do shit, and pretty much anything else people are trying to sell you doesnt do shit. Oral antibiotics work, but only temporarily, and not 100%. It is very frustrating stuff. Benzoyl peroxide, which is supposed to be so great, actually makes my bacne worse too. Its sad.