Notifications
Clear all

I Need To Get Rid Of This Front/chest Acne Asap!

MemberMember
(@rhye)

Posted : 03/21/2013 1:36 am

I have always controlled my acne by just using BP cream whenever i break out and it has usually controlled it pretty well, however recently my face, back, shoulders, and chest have broken out terribly (compared to usual).

I have been using the regimen from this site with different products and it has been working pretty well as far as i can see on my face, shoulders, and back, but for some reason my chest looks so inflamed and red and i am a person who loves going to the beach multiple times a week and am too embarrassed to even take my shirt off in front of my girlfriend now!

post-204921-0-01052700-1363847721_thumb.

This is the regimen ive been using morning and night (taking only one of each pill/day)

- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

- Benzac AC 2.5% BP gel

- Natures Organics sorbolene gentle moisturizer with vitamin E and aloe

- Blackmores BIO ZINC, Zinc amino acid chelate (zinc 25mg) x1 per day

- Cenovis Vitamin d3 1000IU x1 per day

For my shoulders, forehead, back, and chest i have only been applying the BP gel and not cleansing or moisturizing those areas. I am not sure if this is why my chest doesnt seem to be healing or getting any better. I was also not sure if i should be taking more of the zinc pills?

I know my chest doesnt seem to actually have ACNE but the bumps are extremely red which might not be as detailed in the image and it is embarassing, i possibly need something in my regimen to reduce redness or an increased amount of something im already using? thanks!

post-204921-0-01052700-1363847721_thumb.

MemberMember
(@threesuns)

Posted : 03/21/2013 2:23 am

This is going to sound silly, but what has worked for me is wearing those capes you wear at the hairdresser in the shower. I bought mine from Sally's Beauty Supply for like 10 dollars. I put it on before rinsing my conditioner out and it's made a big, big difference. I didn't realize conditioner was making my bacne and chestne worse.

Also, I use a toner for acne on my back and chest every day and night. I pour in Paula Begoun's 2% BHA liquid into a store bought toner for acne and there's my daily and nightly concoction. It has been working for me. I'm never without my toner for my chest and back.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@rhye)

Posted : 03/21/2013 9:41 pm

Thanks for the advice I will be trying this, I have heard witch hazel is an avoided ingredient in fighting acne? however i have read online and on the bottle that it is powerful for fighting it at the same time, I have a bottle of witch hazel toner/astringent sitting around that i havent been using, would this be okay for my back/chest?

And i seen in the avoided items list on this site Sodium laurel sulfate or something along the lines of that is bad, and both my shampoo, shaving cream, and conditioner contain it, ive been shaving with cleanser ever since i found out but is washing my hair with that ingredient going to do bad for my skin? as you can see in my display pic im a guy with long hair so it will probably have more effect on me :)