Notifications
Clear all

Back, Chest, Butt, Groin Acne

MemberMember
(@thatguywithacne)

Posted : 02/07/2013 4:23 pm

Hey guys, a couple quick questions:

Chest:

I had surge of terrible, disgustingly pus-filled acne in the center of my chest for about a month over the summer, and it scarred a lot. I very infrequently get new zits there, and the redness/scarring has faded from when it was active, but it's still pretty bad. Is this ever going to heal without dermabrasion/lasers/something very expensive? http://imgur.com/TvE2g4C I take vitamin e and serrapeptase orally and apply this vitamin C+E+ferulic acid. Anything else I should be doing?

Back:

Also, I've had active acne on both shoulders for years (and scars at this point), but it's been clearing up somewhat lately. However, I'm just starting to get slightly different acne (I don't think there's any pus in them) in the middle of my back where I've never gotten it before. That central back area also started getting weirdly numb/itchy sometimes. Any idea on the cause of this vs the acne I've always had? http://imgur.com/uRMLv4T

Butt:

Every once in a while I'll get these inflamed little painful butt bmps (never more than 1-2 at a time, they last a while though) that don't seem to have pus in them, but they hurt if I sit on them wrong. They're quite small and not a big deal at all but I figure I should mention it

Groin:

On both the far left and far right side of my scrotum/inner thigh (right on the cusp) there are 2-3 very painful (when touched/squeezed), large inflamed cysts. There was a little pus in at least one of them that I squeezed out like over a month ago, but now the outer skin seems to have healed but I can still feel them (to a lesser extent) underneath. I know for a fact that these are not STD-related.

It may have something to do with the medications I'm taking, listed here:

Specifically, I had symptoms of yeast/candida overgrowth after a round on antibiotics so I suppose it's possible that some of these are related to that.

Any help is appreciated! I'll be glad to give you more info if you need it. Thank you!

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 02/17/2013 9:31 pm

I don't think you'll need dermabrasion or anything expensive like that. Definitely not an STD, but there could be a slight component of hidradenitis suppurativa, which causes people to get cysts in the groin and underarm areas (I've also seen it occur in the mid-chest).

It seems like you're "benzoyl peroxide-deficient". The skin bacteria needs to be killed. I think if you keep up with the tea tree oil and add on the BP, you'll be able to avoid needing any oral antibiotics. Just rinse off the BP quickly until your skin is used to it.

MemberMember
(@rosesandraindrops)

Posted : 03/12/2013 8:59 am

Hey there, I still haven't conquered the chest and back acne, but just wanted to let you know that I've had amazing success with Tend Skin(basically rubbing alcohol made to prevent ingrown hairs) on my butt and groin area. I don't usually use any soap on the areas, and just use my hand to rub a little on after each shower. Hope this helps!