Notifications
Clear all

Pityosporum Folliculitis? Please Read

MemberMember
(@jlb27)

Posted : 01/22/2013 11:13 am

i seem to have developed these extremley tiny little bumps on my chin and along my jawline. someone described pf as skin feeling like sandpaper, which mine does. you cant see the bumps though, they are soo tiny, i can just feel them when i touch my face. Does this sound like to pf to anyone? I know people say mostly appears on back,chest neck, but this is along my jaw line, its definatley not normal acne. cant figure out whats going on with my skin. can someone PLEASE write back with a little more detailed info on pf, pics, descrtiptions, anything?

i seem to have developed these extremley tiny little bumps on my chin and along my jawline. someone described pf as skin feeling like sandpaper, which mine does. you cant see the bumps though, they are soo tiny, i can just feel them when i touch my face. Does this sound like to pf to anyone? I know people say mostly appears on back,chest neck, but this is along my jaw line, its definatley not normal acne. cant figure out whats going on with my skin. can someone PLEASE write back with a little more detailed info on pf, pics, descrtiptions, anything?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/07/2013 9:15 am

From your decription it does sound like it could be that. Follicuitis can be caused by fungi, bacteria, or a virus. If you've tried using typical treatments like benzoyl peroxide then it very well could be that. You could experiment using an antifungal cream on some of it, see if it improves. Do you work out and sweat a lot? Makes you more prone to it. If you don't think your dermatologist is helping much, then go to your primary care doctor and see what they suggest. And yes doctors can do a gram stain to see if it's being caused by bacteria.