Notifications
Clear all

Is It Acne Or Something Else?

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/08/2012 6:53 pm

I get these little things on my back and chest where the hair follicale is just a tiny bit raised, enough to feel like very, very fine bumps, and when you squeeze them a hard little white/yellow plug comes out. Letting water from the shower head drums over the areas seems to diminish them. I get some mild acne in those areas too. Is this just acne or possibly something else? My mum gets something similair.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2012 3:01 pm

i have this too....is it just a clogged pore that dried up a little or something?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/10/2012 11:34 am

It sounds like KP - keratosis pilaris - "common skin condition in which a protein in the skin called keratin forms hard plugs within hair follicles." I get these on my arms sometimes too and Urea cream is what doctors would recommend and it works the best to clear them up. Urea can also help clear up the acne there as well. I use 40% urea cream but there's lower percentages as well.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/13/2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the input guys. My mum has KP on the back of her arms, and it doesn't really look similair to the chest and back problem. The derm today said it was just mild acne.