Notifications
Clear all

Chest acne and birth control?

MemberMember
(@strwberry2178)

Posted : 09/09/2010 9:38 pm

So I've used benzaclin on my chest/back and face for 4 years. I stopped using it on my chest/back in July..and my chest went nuts. My back stayed pretty clear...with a pimple here and there...but my chest looked like a war zone in August. I also started Aviane birth control towards the end of July. I started using the benzaclin on my chest again last month...because I couldn't stand it anymore. But my chest hasn't really cleared up yet. It's still all broken out..but my face and back are pretty clear. This confuses me because I feel like if it was being caused by my birth control pill...my face, chest, and back would all be breaking out at the same time..but my chest is the only part that is REALLY bad. Maybe it'll take time for the benzaclin to work again..but I have been using it for about a month again. I just hate it because I have a wedding to go to next weekend...and after I shower...my chest looks horrible..and all of the acne is bright red...UGH!! Does anyone have any thoughts on this and what could the problem be?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@fedupofadultacne)

Posted : 09/11/2010 6:58 am

Hi there, if suffer with it on my chest too.

When I was on the depo injection it was not overly bad on my chest - only mild on chest & upper back, & my face was the main problem

I came off depo as one of the side effects is acne & my acne has worsened with avengence, & very noticably more so on my chest and neck. I seem to get strange rashes on my chest too.

Since i started using aha on my face, my face has improved abit - closer towards how it was when i was on the injection.

My chest its pretty itchy - I dont treat it much but now I have started putting the the aha cream on my chest & it seems to calm it down abit. My chest gets worse after I have been to the gym as I tend to sweat alot. In fact even after a day at work I feel that I have sweat under my chest where my bra has been - so I think its important to wash your tops after every single wear.

Its important not to overwash, but I tend to wash as soon as I get home in the evening to get rid of all the grease & grime of the day, & then to not touch it until morning.

I think using a body puff with shower gell can aggravate chest acne abit as it stratches the surface so you have to be careful how you wash it. I have started taking my face wash lower down to include my neck & upper chest as the skin is quite delicate here.

I know what you mean about it being bright red after a shower, i find this too! But using a ph balanced product helps this abit. I think water is very alkaline & your skin needs to be slightly acidic which is why it flares up for an hour or 2 after washing before calming down abit.

MemberMember
(@skittlesohboy)

Posted : 09/19/2010 8:32 pm

I would imagine switching birth c, and starting back on the ben is your best bet.

Of course there are some bc's, which specifically state they reduced acne.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@neya)

Posted : 01/13/2011 3:19 am

Hi there, if suffer with it on my chest too.

When I was on the depo injection it was not overly bad on my chest - only mild on chest & upper back, & my face was the main problem

I came off depo as one of the side effects is acne & my acne has worsened with avengence, & very noticably more so on my chest and neck. I seem to get strange rashes on my chest too.

Since i started using aha on my face, my face has improved abit - closer towards how it was when i was on the injection.

My chest its pretty itchy - I dont treat it much but now I have started putting the the aha cream on my chest & it seems to calm it down abit. My chest gets worse after I have been to the gym as I tend to sweat alot. In fact even after a day at work I feel that I have sweat under my chest where my bra has been - so I think its important to wash your tops after every single wear.

Its important not to overwash, but I tend to wash as soon as I get home in the evening to get rid of all the grease & grime of the day, & then to not touch it until morning.

I think using a body puff with shower gell can aggravate chest acne abit as it stratches the surface so you have to be careful how you wash it. I have started taking my face wash lower down to include my neck & upper chest as the skin is quite delicate here.

I know what you mean about it being bright red after a shower, i find this too! But using a ph balanced product helps this abit. I think water is very alkaline & your skin needs to be slightly acidic which is why it flares up for an hour or 2 after washing before calming down abit.

Hey! I have the same problem with this stupid chest acne. It makes me so damn miserable. I used almost everything through the years: benzaclin, retin-a and was twice on accutane. My face is clear now (not because of accutane- never take it!!) but my chest broke out 2 months ago and I'm going nuts. I wanna try AHA did it help you ?

MemberMember
(@jessicaloveford)

Posted : 08/27/2014 8:10 am

Acne is a crazy problem and there are so many reasons why and when it occurs... What worked yesterday for someone may not work tomorrow for the same person... Our bodies are always changing so I understand how frustrating chest acne can be... Can be extremely irritating and uncomfortable... What I have learned is to never give up trying to find the solution that is right for you... I do know that diet is the #1 cause for all acne symptoms as well as water intake but there are many other factors also. Air, cleanliness, habitual environment, etc all contribute in one way or another... Just keep searching and don't accept contentment for the irritation.

Be healthy and Happy. - Jessica L.