Notifications
Clear all

My Cystic Back Acne

MemberMember
(@phate)

Posted : 11/17/2007 11:33 am

Hey guys...

Well, my cystic back acne is back. I was taking minocycline to treat it, and it left. I stopped taking the mino because my back had cleared, and now I have 2 more cysts. They do not hurt, but they are large and red. I am at my wits end here, I can't stand these cysts anymore. Accutane is available, but I am scared to take it. I dont want to have to deal with the side effects. Any ideas for this back problem? I am using head and shoulders now, as well as AHA.

Thanks guys,

Jason

MemberMember
(@foolio2)

Posted : 11/17/2007 7:06 pm

Why can't you just go back on minocycline?

MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 12/29/2007 2:24 pm

I'm taking minocyline right now because I am prone to cysts. So far it has helped my back and face. Is there a reason why you couldn't go back on it? Did you want to avoid going back on an antibiotic?

Are you just prone on your back? You might want to talk with your dr or derm and see what they could prescribe for you. There's so many different combinations you could try and i'm sure if you didn't want to go back on an antibiotic they could suggest something that could help.

MemberMember
(@madisonn)

Posted : 07/18/2013 8:41 pm

Hey guys...

Well, my cystic back acne is back. I was taking minocycline to treat it, and it left. I stopped taking the mino because my back had cleared, and now I have 2 more cysts. They do not hurt, but they are large and red. I am at my wits end here, I can't stand these cysts anymore. Accutane is available, but I am scared to take it. I dont want to have to deal with the side effects. Any ideas for this back problem? I am using head and shoulders now, as well as AHA.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Hello! I have terrible cystic acne all over my back, chest, and shoulders, as well as my face. I was taking minocycline for a long time and my body got imune to it and it just stopped helping or even working! I am so desperate to anything that will get rid of this and give me back my self esteem! please help... please

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/20/2013 6:37 am

try dead sea salt soaks (there is a long thread on that topic on this site) it helped many with cystic acne- worth a try!

for me, AHA twice a day keeps things clear - haven't tried Dan's but the reviews are great, I use the Alpha Hydrox 10% enhanced lotion

and diet, I'm a zealot about giving up dairy (try that first for a month) and gluten