Notifications
Clear all

Grapeseed Oil ??

MemberMember
(@italhawk87)

Posted : 06/04/2006 10:25 am

well i just bought both jojoba oil and grapeseed oil cuz supposedly grapeseed also really good for the skin, was wondering has anyone else used grapeseed oil and should i apply it the same way i do with the jojoba... before bp and with face a little damp.. also should i maybe do like jojoba in the morning and grapeseed at night

MemberMember
(@fthea118)

Posted : 06/04/2006 10:42 am

grapeseed pil = canola oil (random fact: Canada changed the name for marketing reasons)

MemberMember
(@abergman13)

Posted : 04/21/2014 8:28 pm

Nonononono - canola oil is RAPEseed oil, not GRAPEseed oil. They changed the name because rapeseed oil sounds horrible. Don't put plain canola oil on your face thinking that it's grapeseed oil!!!

In other news, I just started using grape seed oil today for my acne. We'll see how it goes!

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/22/2014 3:12 pm

Grapeseed oil works really well with the regimen. My sons both use it in place of moisturizer. Every moisturizer they tried while on the regimen either made their faces sting, turn red, or caused more breakouts. The BP step was fine but the moisturizer step was a disaster. So I got them grapeseed oil (from GNC) and it has been great. They just lightly tap the oil onto their skin after the BP has dried (they only do the regimen at night) and since it's a light oil it absorbs pretty quickly. It is very calming and doesn't cause any irritation. It also seems to help fade red marks, in the 4-6 weeks since they started using it their marks have faded much quicker than before.

And grapeseed oil is certainly not canola oil so thankful that got cleared up ^^

MemberMember
(@rantingraging)

Posted : 12/04/2014 11:20 pm

i am using grape seed oil added with rose hip seed oil right now as a face moisturizer. Also i use the OCM twice a week( half grapseed oil and half jojoba oil).... OMG i am having such TERRIBLE acne right now it's so hard because i thought i cleared up my skin for good a couple of years ago but it starts to slowly come back.. all the products i used back than for my acne are discontinued and the moisturizer i used was from asia and the FDA found mercury in them so i stopped using it. Now years later my face is at its worst i am so embarrassed and have such low self esteem.

I am not sire if i am going through a purging period as most people do.. but for them it clears up after a couple of weeks and i have been only been using this routine for a week and a half,, but guys i am not sure if i should continue or stop...