Notifications
Clear all

Dilute BP?

MemberMember
(@nomorebabyface)

Posted : 03/07/2006 4:45 pm

I could only find BP as 5% at Wal-mart............... can I dilute it?

Also, my face is a bit itchy... which I can stand..

But.. my eyelid was itchy first..then becomes red.. now it's kindda puffy... is this normal? It has happned only to one of my eyelid

If I were allergic to BP... wouldn't this happen on my entire face? Or is there nothing to do with BP?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/07/2006 4:54 pm

BP on your eyelid will cause that, get this stuff nowhere near your eyes!!

If I get BP on my eyelid it hurts like mad.

If you only have 5%, maybe apply a little less BP and a little more moisturiser, I don't think you can dilute the concentration.

MemberMember
(@nomorebabyface)

Posted : 03/07/2006 5:03 pm

Yeah.. I hope the puffiness will go away soon.....=(

My face is A BIT itchy and red.. but I'm sticking to the regimen!!!!!

5% BP makes my face more itchy and it makes my face scaly.. (I'm on my third day of the regimen)

I actually diluted BP today.. what I did was squeeze out BP on my palm (size of a nickel), and then put some water on it (~ twice the volume of the BP I squeezed out)....then mix WELL. The diluted BP goes on my face more easily (cuz' it's more liquid) and my face is not as dry & scaly.

But what I'm wondering is that since I'm diluting the BP every time.. that means the concentration of BP is not constant every time.. is this okay?

Thanks~

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 03/07/2006 5:09 pm

Even with water, I imagine its still 5%, but if its helps application thats cool.

Wash your eye, use cotton wool and water, make sure you get it all off, and then apply a little moisturiser, should be ok in the morning.

Use only a small amount of BP as on 3rd day, its tempting to use lots, but it will probably just cause irritation which might make things worse.

Again use lots of moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/07/2006 5:23 pm

I could only find BP as 5% at Wal-mart............... can I dilute it?

Also, my face is a bit itchy... which I can stand..

But.. my eyelid was itchy first..then becomes red.. now it's kindda puffy... is this normal? It has happned only to one of my eyelid

If I were allergic to BP... wouldn't this happen on my entire face? Or is there nothing to do with BP?

Thanks

hi there! Just for future reference, Walmart does carry Neutrogena on-the-spot, which is 2.5% bp. So, whenever you run out of the 5% product you bought, do consider switching to the lower dosage.

In the meantime, just use less of the 5% and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

good luck!

MemberMember
(@nomorebabyface)

Posted : 03/08/2006 1:19 pm

hey everyone!

Just an update, I ran to Wal-Mart to get Neutrogena on the spot 2.5% BP right after I saw the above msg.. I found the last one on the shelf!

Anyway, my face is not itchy anymore, the puffiness on my eyelid is starting to go away, but it still burns a little.

So everyone, USE 2.5% only if you want it not to burn at all!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/08/2006 2:00 pm

well the regimen does say to use 2.5 so i doubt that many use the 5 %

anyway, i hope switching over to the 2.5% solves the itchy problem

good luck... hope u get clear :)

MemberMember
(@egsviola54)

Posted : 06/07/2013 7:34 pm

I got ZAPZYT 10% BP because it was way cheaper than Neutrogena 2.5%. I also get puffiness and itchiness with too much BP. I've been diluting it with jojoba oil to help spread it in a very thin layer over my skin. Seems to be working ok. I make sure to be consistent in the amounts I mix together each day.