Saint Ives Apricot ...

Notifications
Clear all

Saint Ives Apricot Scrub ok to use?

MemberMember
(@pronstarpwnzor)

Posted : 09/20/2005 5:49 pm

I just ordered some BP gel and have to send my money order out, but I've noticed my face has ALOT of dead skin flakes, and is highly visible after I shower.

Would it be ok to use Saint Ives Apricot Scrub to remove these dead skin cells... I've been on the regimen for about a month.

But it has 2.0% salycic acid and I'm worried that it might not work good with the regimen.

Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/20/2005 5:52 pm

it is not recommended to use scrubs or SA products with the Regimen.

The main focus is large amounts of benzoyl peroxide, and gentleness.

A scrub that is medicated is a double-whammy, imo, too harsh.

MemberMember
(@nintendo)

Posted : 09/20/2005 10:51 pm

it is not recommended to use scrubs or SA products with the Regimen.

The main focus is large amounts of benzoyl peroxide, and gentleness.

A scrub that is medicated is a double-whammy, imo, too harsh.

MemberMember
(@lisab333)

Posted : 09/20/2005 11:07 pm

I just ordered some BP gel and have to send my money order out, but I've noticed my face has ALOT of dead skin flakes, and is highly visible after I shower.

Would it be ok to use Saint Ives Apricot Scrub to remove these dead skin cells... I've been on the regimen for about a month.

But it has 2.0% salycic acid and I'm worried that it might not work good with the regimen.

Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@19yochickfightingacne4toolong)

Posted : 09/20/2005 11:11 pm

I use that scrub with the regimen and my skin has never looked better (o:

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 09/20/2005 11:18 pm

Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 09/20/2005 11:19 pm

I use that scrub with the regimen and my skin has never looked better (o:

MemberMember
(@sterlingmoon)

Posted : 10/31/2013 4:30 pm

I am actually suffering skin toned bumps because of the St Ives Apricot Scrub. It was my fault for using it regularly. It was great at first, but since its so harsh it made me breakout all around my jawline, chin, a cheek, forehead, and even neck. Read the reviews. All dermatologists recommend to stay away from it. It is better to use on feet or elbows. Don't make the mistake I made. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 10/31/2013 10:57 pm

Use the AHA or glycolic acid to exfoliate or use black soap as your cleanser, which will exfoliate as well. Personally, I think St. Ive's products are not very acne friendly to begin with.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 11/02/2013 7:22 pm

Not unless u want to keep breaking out. For years I thot I could scrub it away acne and or dryness, Its just not true.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/02/2013 10:48 pm

I use the scrub twice a week and my skin feels the best it does after I wash my face with it. I do it very gently though.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 11/03/2013 10:08 am

I use the unmedicated st ives "fresh skin" scrub as nicmic suggested to me earlier & boy does my face feels awesome! I used it up to this morning. Be gentle as possible. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Its the unmedicated one tho. No SA included :)