Week six and still ...

Notifications
Clear all

Week six and still breaking out

MemberMember
(@jayde)

Posted : 01/13/2021 2:44 am

I am on week 6 of the regimen and I am using it exactly as suggested. Every few days I will still wake up with a new pimple. When I used the regimen 7 years ago my skin started to clear up immediately. I dont remember continuing to break out at week 6. Should I continue or does it just no longer work for me?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/18/2021 11:08 am

Hi Jayde,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin.

The Regimen products are clinically proven and they will work to clear your acne. Make sure of two things:

1. You are using only Acne.org Regimen products on your face and nothing else.

2. You are using the Acne.org Regimen products exactly as directed.

If you do both 1 and 2 you will have completely clear, radiant healthy looking skin. Guaranteed.

Many people are making common mistakes. Take thisquestionnaireto be sure you're on track just right:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#questionaire

Also keep in mind that many people take 3-4 months to get clear. We have received literally hundreds of success stories over the years from people who have said they are so glad they stuck it. Stay patient and you will clear up.

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 01/18/2021 3:33 pm

It is possible that your current skin issues are not caused by bacteria. The Regimen contains a benzoyl peroxide gelthat istypically used to treat bacterial acne. Acne can be cause by bacteria, fungus, microscopic demodex skin mites and possibly hormonal imbalance. The treatment for all 4 different types of acne is completely different. What works for one type doesn't work for the others.

A knowledgeable dermatologist can test for the exact cause of the acne and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Hormone blood tests should be performed checking for estrogen, testosterone, thyroid, etc. hormone levels if hormonal acne is suspected. Unfortunately a good many dermatologist just do quick visual exams before writing prescriptions. Asking questions about the Dr's running diagnostic tests to confirm their diagnosis for fungal acne or testing for demodex skin mites or hormone levels may help identify a more thorough and competent dermatologist.

If you can't get in to see a dermatologist you can try an anti-microbial approach that can improve and or clear acne caused by bacteria, fungus or demodex skin mites.

1. Start with an antibacterialface wash containing tea tree oil.

2. Follow the face wash with spraying the face with HOCL facial/eye spray in the 0.01% to 0.02% concentration. HOCL is the same substance the human white blood cells make in response to an infection. HOCL kills the bad bacteria but doesn't harm the "good" bacteria needed to keep the skin biome healthy. HOCL in the 0.01% to 0.02% concentration range is harmless to humans, non-irritating, non-allergenic, non-drying and soothing. HOCL is highly effective at killing bacteria, fungus/mold, and the juvenile nymph form of microscopic demodex skin mites. HOCL is synthetically made by sticking electrodes into salt water - its both green and vegan. Piercers and Tattoo artists swear by HOCL spray to help their clients heal cleanly and without infection.

3. Follow Step 2 with a good moisturizer. In the case of fungal acne, be careful to choose a moisturizer that doesn't feed the fungus.

4. Cut the sugar in your diet to a minimum. Sugar and a high fat diet can make your skin oilier. Bacteria, fungus and demodex skin mites all feed off the skin oil. A healthy, balanced diet helps your skin stay healthy. The Mediterranean diet containing a healthy mix of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean sources of protein is a good overall health choice.

5. Try to get exercise and plenty of sleep. That helps too.

There are a number of good Tea Tree Oil face washes on the market including several made by The Body Shop, Desert Essence OriginalFace Wash, etc. Amazon carries an assortment of Tea Tree Oil face washes. Amazon also has an assortment of HOCL eye/facial spray products. BrioTech Labs sells one that is reasonably priced at $11.95 for 4 ounces.