How to incorporate ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to incorporate Tretinoin and Clindamycin?

MemberMember
(@arianf)

Posted : 12/10/2019 9:33 pm

Ive been prescribedTretinoin 0.025% cream and clindamycin 1% gel by my derm, I wanna know how I should incorporate the acne.org regiment with these.

I figured the clinda would be easy cause it works well with BP. Id probably apply it before the BP treatment.

But for Tretinoin, my derm told me that BP will deactivate Tretinoin. So I shouldnt mix the two.

I was thinking of instead of doing the acne.org treatment during the morning and evening. Id only do it during the morning, and do the Tretinoin during nights. I guess Im wondering could I mix Tretinoin with Clinda at night? What about Tretinoin with Glycolic?

MemberMember
(@arianf)

Posted : 12/11/2019 3:17 pm

After further research, I found that Retin-A should probably not go with Glycolic, but it works well with Clindamycin.

So I've came up with this Skincare Regimen for myself.

Morning

Face:

1. acne.org Cleanser (in shower)
  2. Wait till dry
  3. Clindamycin 1%
  4. Wait till dry
  5. acne.org Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
  6. Wait till dry
  7. 1/2 acne.org Moisturizer & 1/2 acne.org Glycolic Acid 10%

Back/Chest:

1. Tretinoin 0.025% Cream
  2. Clindamycin 1% (maybe)

Evenings

Face:

1. Tretinoin 0.025% Cream
  2. Clindamycin 1% (maybe)

Back/Chest:

1. acne.org Cleanser (in shower)
  2. Wait till dry
  3. Clindamycin 1%
  4. Wait till dry
  5. acne.org Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
  6. Wait till dry
  7. acne.org Glycolic Acid 10%

Some of my reasoning:

I chose to do BP during nights on my back/chest and during day on my face, because of the bleaching properties of BP. I don't want to wear a white undershirt during the day, so I just throw on a white t-shirt for bed. And I don't have white pillows, so I don't want to apply BP at night for my face.

Since Tretinoin deactivates with sun exposure, I apply it to the face at night since my face can be exposed to the sun during the day. And apply Tretinoin during the day on my back/chest because it doesn't bleach my cloths.