DARK SKIN AROUND MO...

Notifications
Clear all

DARK SKIN AROUND MOUTH AND CHIN | HYPERPIGMENTATION

MemberMember
(@wildfleur)

Posted : 03/18/2019 9:08 am

Hey people of acne.org,

I™m going to just keep it short and simple. I really need some insight on the regimen because I'm still fairly new to it. 

I'm 6 weeks into the acne.org regimen (Cleanser, BP and moisturiser) and I started using 1/2 pump of AHA treatment mixed with a 1 full pump of moisturiser every night for the past 7 days. 3 things are happening. 

1. My skin is dry AF. Figured this is normal and i should be consistent and apply enough moisturiser.

However, 

2. I'm still breaking out. :(  especially on my cheeks. Not sure if the skin is adjusting to the treatment but I thought i would be having clear skin by the 6th week? Is this normal? The acne pimples clear faster but I'm still breaking out as fast. How should i go about this?

3. The skin around my mouth and cheeks has become really dark. :( It's darker than my cheeks and forehead. I'm panicking a bit and worried about this. How can i get rid of the hyperpigmentation around my mouth and chin? Will the gylcolic acid eventually get rid of it?

Please help? Any advise?

Thanks so much!

IMG_4328.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/23/2019 11:13 am

Hi WildFleur,

Neither Acne.org Treatment, nor any other Acne.org productdarkenstheskin. What you are most likely experiencing is dryness. Dryness can appear as a slightdarkeningof theskin. This dryness will subside after 3-4 weeks on The Regimen. Don't worry about this at all. It is perfectly normal. Just be sure you're using only Acne.org products and using them exactly as outlined. In particular, make sure you're using the full 2 pumps of Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day. We recommend that you add in 5-6 drops of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil each time you apply your moisturizer, this will combat dryskinand give you clear, radiant, healthy looking skin.

The Regimen products are clinically proven and they will work to clear your acne. Make sure of two things:

1. You are using only Acne.org Regimen products on your face and nothing else.

2. You are using the Acne.org Regimen products exactly as directed.

If you do both 1 and 2 you will have completely clear, radiant healthy looking skin. Guaranteed.

Many people are making common mistakes. Take thisquestionnaireto be sure you're on track just right:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#questionaire

Also keep in mind that many people take 3-4 months to get clear. We have received literally hundreds of success stories over the years from people who have said they are so glad they stuck it. Stay patient and you will clear up.

MemberMember
(@krissylynette)

Posted : 03/27/2019 1:38 am

Hi, I just wanted to comment and tell you not to give up on the products. They will eventually start to work for you. Looking at your picture we are close in skin tone and I also had the problem with the area ariundcmy mouth and on my chin getting dark. I would suggest not putting the BP on those areas and just the moisturizer. Once I did that the darkness went away. I hope it all works out for you love!

MemberMember
(@girl89)

Posted : 04/28/2019 5:34 am

Hi, my skin is also getting dry and dark. As soon as I started using jojoba mixed with the mixed with the sted two, it got better. I also learned that I can not use as much BP as advised. I am in week 3, but in the morning I just use BP on my pimples. I don't know if this will give me complete clear skin, but we will see. At night I use the regiment as advised.