Please advise me on...

Notifications
Clear all

Please advise me on how to handle my skin

MemberMember
(@luux)

Posted : 11/05/2018 5:48 pm

I have started using the Regimen consistently about one and a half week ago. I follow the instructions precisely. Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some (known) side-effects of the benzoyl peroxide.

Using the Cleanser? No problems at all!
However, when I apply the benzoyl peroxide on my skin, it starts to burn/sting after some seconds. This is an unpleasant but manageable feeling and it is supposed to dissappear after my skin gets used to benzoyl peroxide, so I hope it does...
When the benzoyl peroxide has dried, I apply the Moisturizer to my face and the AHA to the rest of my body. I think that the benzoyl peroxide is really making my skin quite sensitive, since this stuff burns even worse than the treatment itself. Do you have any tips to help with this? I am gradually increasing the amount of benzoyl peroxide used, but I think that I may be moving too quickly.

Another side effect: the drying/flaking effects of benzoyl peroxide. The first few hours after I use the Regimen are just fine, since the Moisturizer still keeps my skin hydrated. However, after a while my skin starts to flake (ONLY on my throat though), which looks bad and feels gross. More moisturizer helps but the problem continues... what can I do to solve this?

I appreciate all the help you can give me and I can say that the Treatment is showing its first results, which I am very happy about. I hope that I can get (and stay!) by the end of 2018.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 11/10/2018 8:42 am

Hi Luux,

I'm sorry about your skin. Try using less of the Acne.org and add 5-6 drops of the Acne,org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer. You may apply this mixture on your skin as often as needed to prevent it from getting dry.