Notifications
Clear all

Help!

MemberMember
(@jcote)

Posted : 06/02/2018 11:10 pm

My son just ended his 6th week on the regimen. He has moderate to severe. Mainly cheek areas. He is 16. We started to see some improvement and were happy but we introduced the AHA last week and he is really breaking out in those areas where he always did. I think this is the worst breakout ever. His face seems to be hard cyst like with some pustules. It looks angry. We went to the derm about 3 weeks ago and she said it looked good and continue what we were doing but add in an exfoliating agent like the AHA. Well I am at wits end. I dont know what to do. Is his acne too severe to be helped by this regimen or should we keep going. I feel like we are back pedaling. Please someone give me some advice. I just want to help him.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/06/2018 3:06 pm

Hi Jcote,

I'm sorry to hear about your son's skin. We would advice that he stops using The Regimen for a while and wait for his skin to calm down. Once the redness subsides, he may begin using once again just the Acne,org Cleanser, Treatment and Moisturizer. After a few weeks, you may slowly incorporate the Acne.org AHA+ once again.

He may start using only a pea sized amount of the Acne.org AHA+ every 2-3 days, once a day, and then SLOWLY increase the dose of the Acne.org AHA+ to allow his skin to get accustomed to the product. Also make sure that your son is treating his skin as gently as possible. He should use a feather light touch when applying the products. Rubbing them on his skin may cause irritation and even more breakouts.