Advice on quitting ...

Notifications
Clear all

Advice on quitting benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@pinkhathat)

Posted : 03/08/2018 7:32 am

I started using the acne.org regimen last year in October and at 1st it worked wonders for me. But with time it started being less effective and now I basically get only some of the advantages but way too many disadvantages: my skin is producing more oil so it's shiny, my skin tone is rough and my skin tone is messed up. I know tbat quitting is hard because you will break out really bad for months as your skin attempts to heal. There is np longer an active ingredient to kill the bacteria and your skin has now adapted to producing more oil so the combination leads to apacolypse on your skin. I used to have mild acne which I am now okay with but it won't return tp that. Does anyone have any experience in quitting? I'm going to start by slowly weening myself off it and doing everything possible to heal myself internally and also try my best to hral my skin barrier as much as possible. I'm hoping this will lessen the breakout that I will get. I really regret ever going on benzoyl peroxide. Any advice or stories of people who have gone through this is welcomed. Any idea of how long the breakout post benzoyl peroxide lasts?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/10/2018 9:50 am

Hi Pinkhathat,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. If your skin is oily, you may try using less of the Acne.org Moisturizer or use oil absorbing pads through out the day.