Notifications
Clear all

Flaky skin is turning brown and ugly

MemberMember
(@jessicatime98)

Posted : 08/30/2017 8:20 pm

Only on my 3rd week of the 3 step regimen
(after week 4 I will start the aha)

So I was wondering if anyone else has experienced flakey skin due to the BP but is yours making your face look dirty. I know when skin dries up it turns brown but my face has so much dried skin all over it my face has patches where it looks dirty and it's so dry I look so much older. I'm going to try the jojoba oil and see if I add it to my moisturizer if it'll keep my face hydrated but what to do with the old skin laying on my face????? Any suggestions are welcomed!!!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 08/31/2017 2:50 pm

Hi jessicaTime98,

Sounds like your going through a tough time. But we can help.

First make sure your following the instructions very closely. Second make sure you're using only the three Acne.org Regimen products on your face and nothing else.

If you are using only the Acne.org products and following the instructions exactly and you still have dry flaky skin. You can do two things.

1. Use more Acne.org Moisturizer (you cant use too much). Feel free to apply it through the day as needed to keep your skin soft and hydrated.

2. Add 5-6 drops of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil into the palm of your hand and mix it with the Acne.org Moisturizer before applying it each morning. At night you can add even more (as many drops as you want).

The Acne.org Moisturizer is designed to calm and heal the skin and return it to its natural balance. The Acne.org Jojoba oil is almost identical to the natural oils of the skin. By using both of these products in conjunction on a daily basis you should see calmer, more hydrated healthier looking skin very soon.

After one full month of being on the Acne.org Regimen products you may add the use of the Acne.org AHA+. We advise applying it 2 to 3 nights per week after applying the moisturizer.

The Acne.org AHA+ will speed up the natural skin renewal process on a cellular level causing your skin to heal and replenish faster. This will help with skin renew faster than it can flake off. The Acne.org AHA+ will also help to fade any dark marks left behind from past breakouts.

MemberMember
(@gettingridofacne)

Posted : 09/01/2017 12:02 pm

I have the same problem following the suggested waiting times between cleanser, bp, and moisturizer.

Now, this may reduce the efficiency of the regimen slightly but I have to basically go straight from cleansing to applying BP, to applying moisturizer with 15 drops of jojoba oil to avoid flaking. Literally no waiting in between applications.

Having visibly flaky skin is not conductive to reducing acne.

Don't reduce the amount of BP. Play around with waiting times between the three regimen products and the amount of jojoba oil to find success.