MOISTURIZER CHAOS H...

Notifications
Clear all

MOISTURIZER CHAOS HELP

MemberMember
(@tiarabrob)

Posted : 07/12/2017 12:15 am

So just like any other person, I did a LOT of research on the regimen. Most videos I watched (YouTube) consisted of people talking about the mosturizer and how they stopped using it because of the yellow pigment it leaves on the face. They switch out moisturizer but I just bought the cleanser and treatment (it came today) and I really want this to work. So did I HAVE to start out with the moisturizer or can I use the alternative from the get go? Did anyone else do this very small chance but worth asking!

MemberMember
(@netrice)

Posted : 07/12/2017 5:28 pm

I just recently stopped using the moisturizer and im at week 5. I wasnt having problems with it because im african american it gave me a glow which i liked. But as far as a moisturizer u should use that first until your skin gets used to the bp because it does burn and itch. Mixing jojoba oil with the moisturizer helped out alot with the burning and itching. Every other moisturizer i tried burned my skin so bad felt like i was on fire. I had to put vaseline to calm it. Now that im used to the regimen it doesnt burn at all. I also use cetaphil mositurizing lotion and it works the same to me and i dnt have to use as much and it doesnt change my skin color.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/13/2017 2:06 pm

Cetaphil - absolutely fantastic moisturiser for dry skin, especially if you're using BP. It's also pretty cheap. The only problem with it is that it tends to look greasy if applied during the day, but it works fantastic as a night moisturiser.

Tiarabrob liked
MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 07/13/2017 2:28 pm

I have been using an alternative to the acne.org moisturizer for over a year now. Hardly used the acne.org moisturizer as i feeled like it did not moisturize enough.

I see absolutely no problems in using a different moisturizer from the get go. Be sure to pick a moisturizer that does not aggravate acne. A list of ingredients to avoid can be found here: http://www.acne.org/comedogenic-list.html

I am using a very cheap moisturizer myself without any problems. Still having great results with the regimen. I left all the other products intact.

Tiarabrob liked
MemberMember
(@tiarabrob)

Posted : 08/10/2017 10:12 pm

On 7/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, Jollyhohnson said:

Cetaphil - absolutely fantastic moisturiser for dry skin, especially if you're using BP. It's also pretty cheap. The only problem with it is that it tends to look greasy if applied during the day, but it works fantastic as a night moisturiser.

Ugh yeah do you know another moisturizer I start school in a week and don't want to be bothered with a shiny face

MemberMember
(@suavedory)

Posted : 08/10/2017 10:30 pm

You can use a gel moisturizer like such asNeutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. Will give you the moisture without the added shine. its fragrance free and has hyaluronic acid and other hydrating ingredients without the comedogenicity.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 08/12/2017 4:31 am

Hmm, I also really like the Avene Cleanance moisturiser, but it's for oily skin rather than dry skin. It doesn't irritate though.

Tiarabrob liked