Dermatologist thoug...

Notifications
Clear all

Dermatologist thoughts on acne.org regimen

MemberMember
(@coruscantdust)

Posted : 07/08/2017 5:15 pm

I went to the dermatologist in CALI the other day, and let her know that I was using the acne.org regimen. She said only for HEAVY acne problems to let BP rest on your face. And for mild-medium acne, to only use BP face wash. She said the harshness can ruin your skin, which is why I was at the dermatologist. The problem I have is this contradicts the Admins and Dan's words saying that "The regimen is good for mild-medium acne" or specifically in Dan's words in his video, "When in doubt use more BP".

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 07/10/2017 4:52 am

Hey CoruscantDust,
Did your derm talk about the concentration of the BP products she usually prescribes? Remember that BP products for sale can range from 2.5% like Dans regime up to 10% BP and the stronger concentration products can be expected to be harsher on skin.
Different people do have different tolerances for BP products so here's how I would approach your dilemma.
Try the derms suggestion, use just a BP wash for a while and see if you're happy with the control it gives over your acne and if your skin feels better.
If you don't think the BP wash is cutting it then maybe give Dan's regime another chance. You didn't really discuss how your skin felt when you were using the regimen. Did you feel like it was too harsh on your skin?