Burning during step...

Notifications
Clear all

Burning during steps 2 and 3

MemberMember
(@sel)

Posted : 06/29/2017 10:44 am

So ive been on the regimen for around 5 days now, and i can see that its drying out my acne, and making the acne smaller/disappear completely but im kinda worried because when i apply the treatment and the moisturiser, it burns on my cheek area but not on my forehead or chin, which also has quite a bit of acne, In between the steps, when the treatment is drying/has dried on my skin, and when the moisturiser is drying/has dried on my skin, it stops burning. I've read that during the application of the treatment, the burning sensation is normal due to the acne, but is i'm worried because it also burns during the application of the moisturiser.
Is this normal? Is it because i'm not waiting long enough for the treatment to dry or something?

Also, the area around my mouth stings as well-i've notice a bit of flakiness amongst my upper lip hair . Am i applying it too close to my mouth area/using too much? Should I not apply there? I get an occasional pimple like once every two months in the area but no acne there.

since im still on the first week, im only using a pea size amount of treatment once a day.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/30/2017 3:49 pm

Hi Sel,

Sounds like you are going through a rough time. Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks into the Acne.org Regimen products but it eventually goes away. This is particularly noticeable when applying Moisturizer.

Use Acne.org Regimen products precisely as outlined and make sure that you are not using any other products along with The Regimen to get you perfectly clear.

Make sure that you are using 2 full pumps of The Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed to prevent dryness and irritation. You may also add in 5-6 drops of Jojoba Oil into the Moisturizer each time you apply it for additional moisture.

I know it's tough at the beginning but just be patient and you will have clear skin.

For more information on The Regimen, kindly visit our FAQ page by using the link below:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#regimen