?? What could I be ...

Notifications
Clear all

?? What could I be doing wrong?

MemberMember
(@abbym17)

Posted : 06/16/2017 10:56 am

Don't know if this is the correct place to write this but -- I'm having negative side effects to the regimen, more specifically benzoyl peroxide. Okay. So I'm on the first week, around day 5, and my skin is very red, dry, itchy, and painful. The texture of my skin is off, dry and odd feeling (don't know what to compare it to, maybe scaly?) around my inner face area (T-zone, nose, chin, cheeks). It feels like a really bad sunburn. Last night when I put the benzoyl peroxide on my face, it felt the worst out of the other days. It's more of a discomfort than pain but it doesn't feel right. My skin is less red when I don't use it, after a splash of cold water and the cleanser, it lightens a bit. Same discomfort though. I'm following the regimen to a T! Even added cold pressed, all organic jojoba oil to the moisturizer. I'm doing everything right (I'm very anal about these things), so what am I doing wrong? I've always been sensitive to benz. but it was always a higher dose, so I wanted to give this a fair chance. I'm at a wits end. Do you think I'm allergic or is this expected?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/23/2017 3:47 pm

Hi Abbym,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify, how much of the Acne.org Treatment are you using during the first week? You should only use a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment once a day during the first week and then twice a day on the second week. By the third week, you may gradually ramp up the dose of the Acne.org Treatment until your skin is used to the full dose of the product.

Make sure that you use the Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed to help with the dryness and irritation. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer to further moisturize your skin.

MemberMember
(@abbym17)

Posted : 06/27/2017 9:20 pm

On 6/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, Acne.org Support said:

Hi Abbym,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify, how much of the Acne.org Treatment are you using during the first week? You should only use a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment once a day during the first week and then twice a day on the second week. By the third week, you may gradually ramp up the dose of the Acne.org Treatment until your skin is used to the full dose of the product.

Make sure that you use the Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed to help with the dryness and irritation. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer to further moisturize your skin.

I did all of that, I even began to use less than a pea sized amount. I did use the moisturizer often, I did add jojoba oil, it was no help. I had to stop using the benzoyl peroxide because it got that bad. My face was very red and burning. I had to discontinue use. Since I stopped, my skin broke out in smaller bumps, feeling similar to a rash. My acne wasn't terrible before I started the regimen, not at the time. It was close to clear I guess. Now I regret trying this. /: It threw my skin. I'm still using the cleanser until my other alternative is delivered. It just didn't work for me.