Notifications
Clear all

Did it!

MemberMember
(@olde81)

Posted : 05/24/2017 7:41 pm

After over 10 years using proactiv, now in my mid-thirties with hormonal acne that only seems to clear up during pregnancy, I am only now learning about the regimen.

I just ordered my first kit. My only concern is the fact that I've been using either 5 or 10% BP and the regimen uses 2.5%. Am i inviting a breakout by stopping the 10%? I'm pretty nervous!

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 05/25/2017 10:45 am

Are you spot treating with the 10% or applying it to the entire area?

I dont think its a good idea to spot treat with BP while following the regimen. Way to prone to wrinkle. 
Not sure if switching from 10% to 2.5% as area treatment will cause an effect in acne occurrence. I believe sources cite they are both as effective, 10% is just way more drying than the 2.5% is. 

Anyway good luck! Ive had great success with the regimen! :D

MemberMember
(@olde81)

Posted : 05/26/2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for your reply :)
I'm applying the 10% all over the areas I'm prone to breakouts, so mainly my chin and around my mouth.  I've been doing this for about 5 weeks now, whereas priorly I'd only use a very thin layer of the proactiv repairing lotion (2.5% BP) all over my face and never spot treating.  I've seen some improvement since changing how I apply the bp and since upping it to 10%, so hopefully dropping back down to the regiment's 2.5% doesn't set me back