Does dryness and fl...

Notifications
Clear all

Does dryness and flaking stop?

MemberMember
(@adrienneknight)

Posted : 05/23/2017 6:55 pm

Hey everyone! I'm on week 3 of the regimen, and I must say, I have definitely seen clearing and fading of old acne. I'm impressed for such a short amount of time. However, my skin is SUPER dry and flaky. The moisturizer (with a few drops of jojoba oil) gives me some relief, but I am uncomfortably dry. I'm not in pain and it isn't red or burning, just flaky. I'm sure it's just my skin adjusting to the Benzoyl Peroxide and I need to be patient. But, can anyone who has been on the regimen for a long time give me some peace in knowing that the flaky dryness will go away after consistent use. Any tips?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 05/24/2017 7:27 pm

On 5/23/2017 at 7:55 PM, AdrienneKnight said:

Hey everyone! I'm on week 3 of the regimen, and I must say, I have definitely seen clearing and fading of old acne. I'm impressed for such a short amount of time. However, my skin is SUPER dry and flaky. The moisturizer (with a few drops of jojoba oil) gives me some relief, but I am uncomfortably dry. I'm not in pain and it isn't red or burning, just flaky. I'm sure it's just my skin adjusting to the Benzoyl Peroxide and I need to be patient. But, can anyone who has been on the regimen for a long time give me some peace in knowing that the flaky dryness will go away after consistent use. Any tips?

Yes, the dryness and flakiness will go away. Your skin is still getting used to the BP. :) I'm glad you're seeing improvement.

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 05/30/2017 12:37 pm

Hi, there! I wanted to comment as I am also re-starting the regimen. I had originally used all three of Dan's products last year, but ended up experiencing some issues with the moisturizer which is why I stopped. I have restarted the The Regimen last week -currently on Day 10, using the Elta MD AM Therapy moisturizer. I, too, am experiencing an uncomfortable dryness and tightness on both of my cheeks.  Unfortunately, the moisturizer is not hydrating enough to combat the dryness from the BP. Thankfully, my chin area no longer feels tight or dry anymore! I think both of our skin is still adjusting to the benzoyl peroxide, so do not worry about the dryness and flakiness as it is all part of the process. 

I hope your skin continues to improve! Make sure to keep us updated on your progress! :)

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/01/2017 6:28 pm

On 5/23/2017 at 4:55 PM, AdrienneKnight said:

Take inside double dose Vitamin E and 2 tablespoon flaxseed oil daily
its the best cure to dry skin!