severely swollen, i...

Notifications
Clear all

severely swollen, itchy red eyes and face

MemberMember
(@thatsmoderatelyravyn)

Posted : 05/01/2017 9:51 pm

I've been on the regimen for 3 months now with mixed results. At first, it really felt like it was working. My skin looked better everyday. Now, it seems to be declining. My acne is still better, most days, but the state of my face is so bad. So red, dry, itchy. My eyes swell up badly, then when the swelling goes down they remain very red, then they start peeling. I have no idea if this is an allergic reaction or what. I'm very careful to avoid the eye area during the regimen. I follow the regimen very strictly, except the amount of BP and AHA, until I determine what's causing this. This only began a few weeks ago. Before that my skin was looking it's best. Now it seems these products aren't sitting right with me. I'm almost thinking that if I use bp now excess or overnight, this is the result. Aha also makes my face very scary red so I stopped using it mostly just in spots now.

Do you think I'm transferring product from my pillow to my eyes? Also curious as to how many others still experience this sensitivity to bp and aha this far into the regimen, and seemingly out of no where gets worse.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/04/2017 12:58 pm

Hi thatsmoderatelyravyn,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some swelling around your eyes. Just out of curiosity, after you have applied the Acne.org Regimen products before you sleep, do you have a tendency to sleep on your side? There is a possibility that the products are rubbing off on your pillow therefore once your eyes gets in contact with your pillow, the Acne.org Treatment rubs on your eye area.

Be very careful when using the Acne.org Regimen products around your eye area or you can avoid this area of your skin altogether especially if you're not breaking out around the eyes. You have to also be careful when applying the Moisturizer as it may drag the Acne.org Treatment along with it when you apply it around your eyes.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@thatsmoderatelyravyn)

Posted : 06/06/2017 3:47 pm

I was definitely allergic to BP. I tried only using it during the day and still experienced swelling and redness in the eye area. I even tried applying it lower and lower on my cheeks to avoid the eye area, as well as completely ditching forehead application. I saw an allergist and he did determine a BP allergy had developed after using the product for months. I have now switched to Curology for my acne treatment, which seems to be working pretty well for most acne (not as good as BP for blackheads but whatever) however I still use the acne.org cleanser, moisturizer, and AHA as I did experience really good results from the regimen.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/08/2017 8:33 am

Glad you were able to figure out what the problem was and go on to be successful!! Great job!!! Glad you found a treatment that is working for you!! Best wishes for continued success!! :)

MemberMember
(@internalwine)

Posted : 01/14/2018 10:43 pm

I started using this product for the first day and all under my eyes got swollen..Im scared to if Ill discontinue