Long-term use of Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Long-term use of The Regimen

MemberMember
(@bluesorghum)

Posted : 04/07/2017 7:33 am

The Regimen helped my older daughter get through the acne-prone teenage years and now she has no big problems. It seemed to help my younger daughter, but after about 2 years, it seemed to stop working. She began getting more and more acne lesions. She was using a chart and being careful to do each step correctly with directions posted on the bathroom mirror. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/20/2017 7:08 am

On 4/7/2017 at 8:33 AM, BlueSorghum said:

The Regimen helped my older daughter get through the acne-prone teenage years and now she has no big problems. It seemed to help my younger daughter, but after about 2 years, it seemed to stop working. She began getting more and more acne lesions. She was using a chart and being careful to do each step correctly with directions posted on the bathroom mirror. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

Ive been on the regimen for over a year without a problem. I suppose it's possible for her skin to get used to the products, however some people just go through different phases of acne. Even during that year there were times many months in that I would experience a mild breakout. If she is using the products exactly as recommended it should be helping. I also still take minocycline and drink lots of water etc. and I am almost 23. You could always see a derm and try something else. Sorry if is isn't the most helpful post....

MemberMember
(@bluesorghum)

Posted : 04/20/2017 7:43 am

Thanks for replying. We did see a dermatologist after The Regimen stopped working. Interestingly, a girl working in the office knew about The Regimen and said, "Yeah, it works for a while, but then..." The derm put her on doxycycline (made it worse), ketoconazole (no change) and Bactrim (made it MUCH worse). Now we are waiting to see a more specialized derm that the first derm referred us too and also getting a 2nd opinion.