Peeling around the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Peeling around the mouth/nose area

MemberMember
(@mkeys1)

Posted : 03/15/2017 12:35 pm

I have been on the Acne.org regimen for exactly a week now and I can really say that I have been seeing results already but am in a great deal of pain. Around my fourth day of using the products I noticed that all around my mouth area I was experiencing a great deal of stinging.My skinwas red but I didn't see anything wrong with it. In the time frame of day four to now day seven the pain/stinging sensation continued and around the fifth or sixth day my skin started peeling around my mouth and in the side creases of my nose. Without touching it I can feel that burning sensation and when putting on the treatment and moisturizer it amplifies the pain and the peeling becomes more apparent. As of day seven you can visibly see that around my mouth area is peeling if you were to sit next to me and may appear slightly darker in that area. Ive heard of the peeling around the mouth when researching about the regimen but I did not think it would hurt this bad. I don't know when the peeling will be over but I will continue to use the products because it does seem to be working overall on my face.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/17/2017 3:14 pm

Hi Mkeys1,

Sounds like you are going through a rough time. Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks into The Regimen but it eventually goes away. This is particularly noticeable when applying Moisturizer.

Use Acne.org Regimen products precisely as outlined and make sure that you are not using any other products along with The Regimen to get you perfectly clear.

Make sure that you are using 2 full pumps of The Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed to prevent dryness and irritation. You may also add in 5-6 drops of Jojoba Oil into the Moisturizer each time you apply it for additional moisture.

I know it's tough at the beginning but just be patient and you will have clear skin.

For more information on The Regimen, kindly visit our FAQ page by using the link below:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#regimen

MemberMember
(@gettingridofacne)

Posted : 03/25/2017 12:58 am

What has helped me is waiting less time between BP application and applying the moisturizer.

I personally apply moisturizer almost immediately after applying BP in order to fight off dry skin. As support stated, make sure to add drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer when you do that too.

Experiment with different amounts of jojoba and different wait times between bp and moisturizer.

Good luck!