what if I developed...

Notifications
Clear all

what if I developed allergy to BP

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 01/17/2017 2:21 am

I put a tiny tiny bit of BP on my lower cheeks for spot treatment, and six hours later I discovered that the areas touched by it got really really red. I immediately washed it off - it does not look like a normal reaction. I've done BP before, and previously I never got this red from this little contact. I had an eczema flareup possibly due to BP two months ago. What should I do now? I am freaking out! Will the redness go away if I leave it the way it is? How long will it take?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/17/2017 9:55 pm

The redness will go away, not to worry! Sorry your skin reacted so severely from only a spot treatment, it could mean an allergic reaction, hard to tell. They're not common, but possible. However, most people can use the Acne.Org products safely and successfully. Things to look for if an allergy is suspected: Blistering, crusting, oozing, swelling, etc. If any of these symptoms occur, stop treatment immediately!

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 01/18/2017 9:56 am

11 hours ago, DeLovely said:

The redness will go away, not to worry! Sorry your skin reacted so severely from only a spot treatment, it could mean an allergic reaction, hard to tell. They're not common, but possible. However, most people can use the Acne.Org products safely and successfully. Things to look for if an allergy is suspected: Blistering, crusting, oozing, swelling, etc. If any of these symptoms occur, stop treatment immediately!

I have stopped the treatment immediately after I saw the severe redness. I washed it off and put on moisturizer. It's been a little more than a day now, and those patches still look alarmingly red, especially after I took a shower just now. I don't have blistering and crusting, just redness that sometimes itch a little - God bless. But how long does it normally take for one's skin to get back to normal if the treatment is stopped? I do not plan to ever use BP again. Just want the burn to heal before school starts....

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/18/2017 10:51 am

50 minutes ago, HarleyZ said:
12 hours ago, DeLovely said:

But how long does it normally take for one's skin to get back to normal if the treatment is stopped? I do not plan to ever use BP again. Just want the burn to heal before school starts....

It won't take long for your skin to get back to normal. Give it a few days and keep moisturizing! |

HarleyZ liked
MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 01/18/2017 7:31 pm

8 hours ago, DeLovely said:
It won't take long for your skin to get back to normal. Give it a few days and keep moisturizing! |

Thank you so much! This is really comforting to me:).

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/18/2017 7:51 pm

17 minutes ago, HarleyZ said:
8 hours ago, DeLovely said:

Thank you so much! This is really comforting to me:).

Glad I could help! |::)