Shiny forehead all ...

Notifications
Clear all

Shiny forehead all day

MemberMember
(@b00k0f)

Posted : 11/02/2016 4:55 pm

After I use the regiment in the mornings, my forehead will remain as shiny as a bowling ball for hours until the oil sets in and it's shiny because of that. So that means I have two problems: a shiny forehead when all I do to my skin is use the regiment morning and night, and an excessively oily face the rest of the day.

Will a certain kind of moisturizer fix the shine? As a man, I refuse to use any kind of makeup. I want to fix the problem, not hide it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/03/2016 10:55 am

Over the years I have come to realize some people have different skin types. Normal, oily, dry, combo...etc. It is just how your body is. Over time that could change, or maybe even depending on the season or hormones but a permanent fix is hard to pinpoint. I know Accutane does a lot to control oil glands but then makes your skin extremely dry.

I have extremely oily skin but have learned to live with it and just use blotting papers. I figure that in the long run my oily skin is a good thing because I age more gracefully and not have too many wrinkles when I get older.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/03/2016 8:24 pm

@nicmic62i have extremely oily skin too. In the afternoon, my face is like a full of oil pan ready to cook meat. I also notice that after applying toner (I use Thayers), my face is so shiny which make me uncomfortable when going to the public (so I often splash my face with water for about 30 minutes after that). Do you have any tips on using toner? How many times do you use blotting paper? And at exactly which time frames?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/03/2016 8:44 pm

5 minutes ago, shmilyM said:
@nicmic62i have extremely oily skin too. In the afternoon, my face is like a full of oil pan ready to cook meat. I also notice that after applying toner (I use Thayers), my face is so shiny which make me uncomfortable when going to the public (so I often splash my face with water for about 30 minutes after that). Do you have any tips on using toner? How many times do you use blotting paper? And at exactly which time frames?

One thing that helped me with oily skin is hemp seed oil. Oftentimes we overproduce on oil when our essential fatty acids are out of balance. This supplement contains EFA's 3,6, and 9. 3's are available in fatty fishes and fish oils. 6's are the not so good kind and plentiful in the American diet. And 9's our bodies (ideally, but not always) produce on its own. About a month into hemp seed oil supplementation I noticed a difference in my skin. It was drier and less oily! So I kept taking it and my skin continued to improve. I stopped taking hemp seed oil after my supply ran out and the oil came back. Now I take fish oil (2 per day) and seeing some good results. But not as good as hemp seed oil. It's available in a 3-pack bottle on Amazon for about $26. Something to look into.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 11/04/2016 3:41 am

Hemp seed oil. OK, noted it. Will definitely try.
As far as I know, Omega 3s helps reduce the oil production. I used to take one pill Blackmores Omega 3s every day for a week & I noticed that my face was less oily at that time. Sadly, I stop using it because it caused me break out (I swear I did not change my diet or introduce anything new to my routine) & I feel like there is a heat burn inside me in the night. I sleep well back when I stop.
Thank you @DeLovely
P.S. one teaspoon every morning?

P.S.2 I found a thread about oil here, quite interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1e9v6b/the_big_oils_thread_what_oils_work_what_doesnt/

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/06/2016 9:17 am

On 11/4/2016 at 4:41 AM, shmilyM said:
Hemp seed oil. OK, noted it. Will definitely try. 

Thank you @DeLovely
P.S. one teaspoon every morning? 

The hemp seed oil I used came in capsule form. I took one a day for several months. It does also come in a liquid form...kudos if you can drink it every day, though, I couldn't! |::X