New moisturiser bur...

Notifications
Clear all

New moisturiser burning because of AHA+?

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 10/12/2016 5:22 pm

Hi, I recently got CeraVe moisturing lotion because it has better reviews than dan's and I wanted to try something better out. The first time I applied it was fine but the second time it tingledever so slightly. Then I mixed it with AHA+ and it was pretty bad. I'm on my second night mixing it and it's burning really badly and feels prickly all over, my face has also went bright red and feels hot. Should I notbe mixing it with the AHA+? I remember someone telling me it would be fine to do so but my skin seems to be having issues with it. I've on the regimen for 3 months me have been using AHA without a problem before this

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/13/2016 3:14 pm

Hi Trudie,

If you are one month into The Regimen, your skin should be able to adjust to the gylcolic acid after a few applications. However, if you are only a few days into The Regimen, we would advise that you wait until 4 weeks into the Treatment before you start using the AHA+.

The AHA+ is a powerful exfoliant so having a reaction to this product is normal. If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please let us know.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 10/15/2016 4:33 pm

I've been on the regimen for like 3 months so I don't think that's the issue