Thinking of quittin...

Notifications
Clear all

Thinking of quitting the regimen

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 09/21/2016 1:18 pm

Hello, I'm coming up on 12 weeks on the regimen which is the 3 month mark. This is about the time where I'm supposed to be starting to clear up. I think my progress has been delayed by the fact that 3 times a week I'll only apply BP at night because of the fact makeup looks even worse than it already does with the use of BP before it. My skin is still ridiculously flaky even after the incorporation of AHA+ and jojoba oil. I use 1/2 AHA+ mixed with my moisturiser every night, sometimes less AHA because it burns like hell. I know that makeup might be holding me back but I don't have the confidence to not wear it unfortunately. It costs me about 80 in totalto restock the acne.org products because ofshipping and I can only get 8oz of themoisturiser/BP. I'm a student, that's pretty much all my money. I hate applying the products, especially the BP and moisturiser don't else good on the skin. I've seen no noticeable results and am losing motivation because of everything, I can feel myself getting sloppier with my application and being gentle etc. I don't want to quit but I feel the benefits aren't outweighing cons. I think I'll waitanother month and if my skin doesn't get less flaky and my acne doesn't improve I might have to stop.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/21/2016 2:12 pm

If you are strapped for money and its hard to get the acne.org products then only get the BP and AHA. The cleanser, moisturizer and jojoba oil you can get elsewhere. I love my cerave and cetaphil moisturizer and I believe they work better for my skin. Cerave in the AM and Cetaphil in the PM.

I know makeup is hard to go without but applying a little less would be better. In the long run your skin will thank you for it. And make sure to do the regimen as instructed...two times day with the required dosage and all done very gently. If you want the regimen to work you really have to give it a fair shot.

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@niz)

Posted : 09/26/2016 2:12 pm

from my own experience, I can say that jojoba oil is NOT for my face. It breaks me out every single time I use it so I feel like it's just not for me. I waited until i had no active pimples when starting the AHA because I didn't want it to further irritate my skin and so far I have good luck with it. Also, I feel that if you would stick to the regimen twice daily and gentle as it is supposed to be, you would see better results! I know it's hard and it dries your skin but your skin will get used to it after some time. I switched to cetaphil face moisturizer at night because it is better for my face and thicker than the one for the regimen. It has been less than a week since I have been using it and my face is significantly less flaky and does not break out from it. Everyone's face is different but this is just a thought...

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 09/26/2016 5:02 pm

On 21/09/2016 at 8:12 PM, nicmic62 said:

If you are strapped for money and its hard to get the acne.org products then only get the BP and AHA. The cleanser, moisturizer and jojoba oil you can get elsewhere. I love my cerave and cetaphil moisturizer and I believe they work better for my skin. Cerave in the AM and Cetaphil in the PM.

I know makeup is hard to go without but applying a little less would be better. In the long run your skin will thank you for it. And make sure to do the regimen as instructed...two times day with the required dosage and all done very gently. If you want the regimen to work you really have to give it a fair shot.

I heard that if I get a different moisturiser I can't mix it with the AHA because it won't balance the PH the same way dan's does. Is that wrong?

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 09/26/2016 5:21 pm

9 minutes ago, Control Panel said:
The pH of the final mixture will depend on what base moisturizer is used, but it doesn't matter. The better question is "What moisturizer (when mixed with Dan's AHA) produces the best consistency?" I like mixing Acne.org AHA+ with Acne.org Moisturizer. I think it produces a really nice, easy-to-apply, light consistency, so that's what I recommend.

Again, don't worry about pH. It won't differ significantly between different moisturizers.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, niz said:

from my own experience, I can say that jojoba oil is NOT for my face. It breaks me out every single time I use it so I feel like it's just not for me. I waited until i had no active pimples when starting the AHA because I didn't want it to further irritate my skin and so far I have good luck with it. Also, I feel that if you would stick to the regimen twice daily and gentle as it is supposed to be, you would see better results! I know it's hard and it dries your skin but your skin will get used to it after some time. I switched to cetaphil face moisturizer at night because it is better for my face and thicker than the one for the regimen. It has been less than a week since I have been using it and my face is significantly less flaky and does not break out from it. Everyone's face is different but this is just a thought...

I'll check out the moisturiser, thanks