super dry skin arou...

Notifications
Clear all

super dry skin around mouth and red face?

MemberMember
(@chipperpython)

Posted : 09/04/2016 7:32 pm

So i just started the regimen on Monday. It's been six days and I use the regimen exactly as instructed. The first two days were fine. But after the third my skin started getting red and itchy. My mom said my face looked a little swollen too? After I cleanse my skin and wait for my face to dry, the skin around my mouth gets so dry it hurts to move my mouth. I noticed significant improvement with my acne in just six days so I really don't wanna stop using. But I was just wondering if this is just my skin getting used to the benzoyl peroxide?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 09/07/2016 8:49 pm

Hi ChipperPython,

Redness, dryness and irritation is a common side effect of the Acne.org Regimen products. Here's what you could do:

On week one, make sure that you only use a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment but you should use the Acne.org Cleanser and Moisturizer twice a day. You should use 2 full pumps of the Acne.org Moisturizer to sufficiently moisturize and soothe your skin. By week two, you may still use a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment however you may begin using it twice a day. By week three, SLOWLY ramp up the volume of the Acne.org Treatment until your skin can tolerate it's full amount.

Tip: If you are still experiencing dryness, you may use the Moisturizer as often as needed. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer for additional moisture.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.