Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE HELP :'(

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/05/2016 10:37 am

Hello!
my names Cieran and I've been using the Acne.org Regiment for 5 weeks now and to be honest my face seems to be getting worse. I haven't been buying off the Acne.org website, I have been using alternatives as I can't afford items by Acne.org. I use, Olay refreshing cleansing gel - Clean&Clear moisturiser and Nuetrogena on the spot 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I have never had acne on my cheeks until now. My face is extremely dry as the moisturiser does nothing!! And my skin continues to breakout. So I cannot not use benzoyl peroxide otherwise I'd breakout a lot worse. I'm frustrated. I'm an athlete so I train everyday and drink plenty of water. Please help, anyone. Also I have a few acne scars. Cheapest and best way possible to make these fade away? Thanks

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 07/06/2016 10:34 am

Hello Cieran,

I can relate to the expenses to a certain degree. I myself do not use the acne.org moisturizer. I find the shipping and import taxes for me as an European usersimply too great to be justifiable. That said, i would recommend the other products acne.org supplies. They are good value, even for me!

Benzoyl peroxide is the hearth and soul of the regimen. It should be applied twice a day, just like the instructions show. Without the BP there is no active ingredient in your skin regimen to combat acne. Your skin dryness will only worsen acne since the skin barrier of dry skin is compromised.

The skin dryness you are experiencing is most likely caused by applying not enough moisturizer. Your skin should not feel tight. You may want to apply more moisturizer throughout the day, as often as you feel is required. I myself really like to layer that stuff on!

How to you plan the regimen around your training schedule? Would i be wrong to assumethat sweat and the possible shower thereafter could negatively impact your results? You might also want to incorporate some sunscreen in your daily regimen. BP + large amounts of sun exposure are a no go!

I have yet to find a method to quickly fade old acne pigmentation marks. I ques it is all about giving your skin the ability to heal itself.

MemberMember
(@anagram88)

Posted : 07/06/2016 11:09 am

I would Highly recommend saving a few extra bucks and buying Dan's BP. Try to buy like two things of it so you get free shipping. That is the staple of the regimen, and I've read about plenty of people using Dan's BP and other products for their moisturizer and cleanser.
Also, you say you get out a lot? Do you wear sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@mmmon)

Posted : 07/18/2016 11:29 am

You should consider paying the money for the acne.org branded items. You wouldn't consider going for a cheaper and lesser quality workout shoe would you?

best of luck!!!

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/18/2016 12:04 pm

Yes I guess that's true. Thanks!

On 6 July 2016 at 4:34 PM, Howlingmad said:
Hello Cieran,

I can relate to the expenses to a certain degree. I myself do not use the acne.org moisturizer. I find the shipping and import taxes for me as an European usersimply too great to be justifiable. That said, i would recommend the other products acne.org supplies. They are good value, even for me!

Benzoyl peroxide is the hearth and soul of the regimen. It should be applied twice a day, just like the instructions show. Without the BP there is no active ingredient in your skin regimen to combat acne. Your skin dryness will only worsen acne since the skin barrier of dry skin is compromised.

The skin dryness you are experiencing is most likely caused by applying not enough moisturizer. Your skin should not feel tight. You may want to apply more moisturizer throughout the day, as often as you feel is required. I myself really like to layer that stuff on!

How to you plan the regimen around your training schedule? Would i be wrong to assumethat sweat and the possible shower thereafter could negatively impact your results? You might also want to incorporate some sunscreen in your daily regimen. BP + large amounts of sun exposure are a no go!

I have yet to find a method to quickly fade old acne pigmentation marks. I ques it is all about giving your skin the ability to heal itself.

Thanks for the reply!! Yes I understand. I'm just a bit confused. What I usually do is wake up - complete regimen - train - wipe sweat off - relax - shower as well as completing the regiment for the second time. I'm thinking of doing egg white face masks twice a week but how do I schedule this?

Thanks.

On 6 July 2016 at 5:09 PM, anagram88 said:

I would Highly recommend saving a few extra bucks and buying Dan's BP. Try to buy like two things of it so you get free shipping. That is the staple of the regimen, and I've read about plenty of people using Dan's BP and other products for their moisturizer and cleanser.
Also, you say you get out a lot? Do you wear sunscreen?

Hi there! Thanks for the reply. I am definitely considering buying Dans BP. I live in Wales haha summer here is awful however we do get very sunny days.

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/20/2016 7:08 am

On 18 July 2016 at 5:29 PM, MMMon said:

You should consider paying the money for the acne.org branded items. You wouldn't consider going for a cheaper and lesser quality workout shoe would you?

best of luck!!!

I'd love too!! But it's just wayyyyy too much money. I live in the UK and it costs 47 on top for delivery. Plus you have to pay 15 importation fee. I just can't afford it. I just wish Dan had trade deals or a base set up in the UK.

MemberMember
(@mmmon)

Posted : 07/20/2016 9:49 am

2 hours ago, CieranJoce said:
On July 18, 2016 at 0:29 PM, MMMon said:

best of luck!!!

I'd love too!! But it's just wayyyyy too much money. I live in the UK and it costs 47 on top for delivery. Plus you have to pay 15 importation fee. I just can't afford it. I just wish Dan had trade deals or a base set up in the UK.

Dang it! And with the pound being so terrible now (boooo). Maybe check out this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/11566-what-has-cleared-me-100-no-bs-only-2-products/?page=1