Insanely dry skin f...

Notifications
Clear all

Insanely dry skin from bp! Any recommendations? Please help!

MemberMember
(@jbjustine)

Posted : 06/22/2016 10:16 am

I've been on the regimen for about 4 weeks now and have been struggling to keep my skin moisturized.

I use about 2.5 pumps of the moisturizer in the morning and 3+ pumps at night but my skin still feels incredibly dry and tight. I also have dry patches/flakes all around my nose, cheeks, chin and mouth area (it's pretty bad!)

To combat this, I tried using Ponds dry skin moisturizer  (which I used before the regimen) during week 2 and while it relieved the dryness, it stung really badly. So I switched to adding jojoba oil to my moisturizer and that hasn't helped at all either. My skin is still dry, if not drier, than before. I already have dry skin and the BP has made my skin drier than I thought possible. It seems that anything I do will not relieve the dryness or take care of the dry patches!! 

Any suggestions would be so greatly greatly appreciated!! :)
(also I'm really tempted to exfoliate the dry patches away with the st.ives apricot scrub or something! Is that too bad for my skin to even consider? I can't take the dryness anymore and my resolve is weakening please help!!!)

Thank you!!!!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/25/2016 3:18 pm

On 6/22/2016 at 11:16 PM, jbjustine said:

I've been on the regimen for about 4 weeks now and have been struggling to keep my skin moisturized.

I use about 2.5 pumps of the moisturizer in the morning and 3+ pumps at night but my skin still feels incredibly dry and tight. I also have dry patches/flakes all around my nose, cheeks, chin and mouth area (it's pretty bad!)

To combat this, I tried using Ponds dry skin moisturizer  (which I used before the regimen) during week 2 and while it relieved the dryness, it stung really badly. So I switched to adding jojoba oil to my moisturizer and that hasn't helped at all either. My skin is still dry, if not drier, than before. I already have dry skin and the BP has made my skin drier than I thought possible. It seems that anything I do will not relieve the dryness or take care of the dry patches!! 

Any suggestions would be so greatly greatly appreciated!! :)
(also I'm really tempted to exfoliate the dry patches away with the st.ives apricot scrub or something! Is that too bad for my skin to even consider? I can't take the dryness anymore and my resolve is weakening please help!!!)

Thank you!!!!

Hi jbjustine, 

Since you are 4 weeks into The Regimen, now would be a perfect time to incorporate the Acne.org AHA+ to your regimen. 

The Acne.org AHA+ speeds up skin cell turnover and exfoliate your skin. This will help with the flakiness.

You may start off by using 50/50 of the Acne.org Moisturizer and AHA+ and apply this mixture every night. 

You may also begin with only a pea sized amount of the Acne.org AHA+ and use it every 2-3 nights. Gradually ramp up the volume until your skin can tolerate the full dose of AHA+. 

If you are still experiencing dryness, you may use the Acne.org Moisturizer as often as needed until your skin has adjusted to the Acne.org Treatment. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Jojoba Oil to your Moisturizer for added moisture. 

I you need any further assistance, please let us know. 

jbjustine liked