Breakouts after 1 y...

Notifications
Clear all

Breakouts after 1 year on regime???

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 06/06/2016 10:47 am

Hi everyone,

I'm female, at her early 20s and have been on the regime for 1 year now. During that period I had the best skin (had acne since i was 15) I was finally clear! But couple of days ago, I started breaking out, really badly. I wake up with 2-4 new pimples everyday.
Desperate, I went to consult my dermatologist and he placed me on 2 weeks of tetracycline (250mg, 3 capsules each day) and 1 week of prednisolone (5mg, 3 pils each day).
Has anyone experienced the same before? Does B.P stop working after a period of time?

I always make sure that I'm eating healthy, I DO NOT consume any dairy products, no fast food, no sodas etc. I do not smoke or drink either. I also make sure that I have sufficient amount of sleep. I also FOLLOW strictly to the regime instructions. I make sure to follow the steps rigidity.

I am unsure to why I am getting these breakouts. Someone help please!

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 06/07/2016 5:59 am

I dont wear makeup at all nor do I touch my face. Perhaps I might have done that while I was asleep but how would that contribute to this amount of breakouts? I change my pillow case regularly too.
I am just hoping this breakout will clear up soon, really tempted to pick them (especially those with pus!) ugh

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/08/2016 3:27 am

On June 6, 2016 at 10:47 AM, linpasta said:

Hi everyone,

I'm female, at her early 20s and have been on the regime for 1 year now. During that period I had the best skin (had acne since i was 15) I was finally clear! But couple of days ago, I started breaking out, really badly. I wake up with 2-4 new pimples everyday.
Desperate, I went to consult my dermatologist and he placed me on 2 weeks of tetracycline (250mg, 3 capsules each day) and 1 week of prednisolone (5mg, 3 pils each day).
Has anyone experienced the same before? Does B.P stop working after a period of time?

I always make sure that I'm eating healthy, I DO NOT consume any dairy products, no fast food, no sodas etc. I do not smoke or drink either. I also make sure that I have sufficient amount of sleep. I also FOLLOW strictly to the regime instructions. I make sure to follow the steps rigidity.

I am unsure to why I am getting these breakouts. Someone help please!

Any new stressors in your life?

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 06/12/2016 10:37 pm

There have been reports of users having the same thing happen. Whether its 6 months or a couple years after first use. I don't know much about it but if your doing EVERYTHING the SAME, then evidently something isn't right. It must not be effective on your skin anymore and I have no further advice on this topic. Sorry to hear but yeah, 4 pimples a day is a lot compared to having clear skin every day you woke up for a year.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 06/13/2016 12:56 am

maybe it was the exams.. i havent had any breakouts for a week now, hopefully it stays *fingers crossed*
thanks for posting

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/13/2016 12:46 pm

Not uncommon at all to experience occasional breakouts on the Regimen even after being clear. Consider also adding 30 mgs of zinc to your diet and a good omega 3 fish oil. This can really help calm inflammation from the inside out. Since you're avoiding dairy, be sure you're still getting enough calcium from nondairy sources, as a deficiency here can trigger an inflammatory response.  Antibiotics are great for calming down a flare-up but are not a permanent solution, so consider finding other ways to help keep inflammation down.

Hope this is helpful!  |::)